Sweeeeeeden

A while ago I came across a "Game Fighter" GB clone.. I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. Open it up, take a lot of photos, and document as much as I could of it. So that's what I did,

http://blog.gg8.se/wordpress/2012/11/11 … -teardown/

And just to ask exactly everywhere. If you own another GB clone and you're willing to lend it to me (or perhaps even donate) for a similar teardown/analysis, I'd be very happy.

Last update: Dumping the boot ROM of the Gameboy clone Game Fighter

Last edited by nitro2k01 (Dec 9, 2014 8:38 am)

clovis CA

very nice article. your probably gonna kill me, but i saw one of these at a swap meet... and i  didn't buy it =/

Sweeeeeeden
Alley Beach wrote:

very nice article. your probably gonna kill me, but i saw one of these at a swap meet... and i  didn't buy it =/

Well, your loss I guess. I already have one. Still looking for other types of clones, though.

Boston, MA

good read

sweden

Cool!

matt's mind
Alley Beach wrote:

i'll kill you if he's not gonna...

!!!

Cleveland, OH

Great read! Very thorough. I've always wanted to see/read what these were like in such detail. Preferably by having my own but this isn't a bad second option!
Well done!

Los Angeles, CA

this breakdown exhibits a really high level of attention to detail. awesome read!

Louisiana

What i want to know is...can it be backlit? I wanna backlight one! Lol

hardcore, Australia

At least start and select are on the right side, so LSDJ would be usable.

I want to hear your sound comparisons.

STARDRAIN, CA
Alley Beach wrote:

UGHH MURDERRRRR!!!!!!!!!

Toronto

i want one of these. they're so interesting. ; o;

Sweeeeeeden

I know some of you enjoy these articles, so here the next episode, in which I dump the boot ROM of the Game Fighter.

http://blog.gg8.se/wordpress/2014/12/09 … e-fighter/

great blog

Canada

The mystery of the elusive bootstrap game fighter pirates. This is sweet stuff.