Indonesia

15 year old till now still a drummer. now i'm playing in a old school hc band tongue

http://www.myspace.com/theredarmy0298

Neo Jersey

drums, guitar, and piano in order of experience from most to least

Tacoma, WA

Guitar, Bass, Keys, Trombone, Violin, Drums, Harmonica for me.

Abandoned on Fire

Percussion from sixth grade thru high school (marching snare) and drums in some short lived garage bands.

philly

I was a drummer / band geek back in highschool, but was also pretty active with punk shows and the like. I still keep busy with some non-chip efforts, my one band Brown Recluse is currently wrapping up a new album and I'm super stoked about it! big_smile

Philly
bucky wrote:

my one band Brown Recluse is currently wrapping up a new album and I'm super stoked about it! big_smile

I'm super stoked about it!

Ciudad de méxico, MX

Anything related with the anti-institutionalism, anti-counterpoint, anti-powerpoint,

and electric guitar blah blah blah 001010100110100

Classical guitar for about 4 years, keyboard for about 2.

filthadelphia

10 years of guitar.
9 years of hanging out with musicians.
6 years of being in shitty cover bands.
4 years of watching my friends start crappy classic rock cover bands and playing in bars.
1/2 a year learning chip music.

Bristol

Picked up a bass guitar one christmas (2001 I think?) as I just had an urge to learn Cure songs.. then realized though fun, those 2 extra stings on a guitar could be more fun, so got one of those and hit it / played it until I could play more Cure songs. I got into making odd computer noises with Cool Edit in about 2001 with a friend then continued to make these noises until 2007 when I decided I didn't want to make music on a computer, so lead me down hardware, figuring most synths are very expensive I bought a Nanoloop cart, and hey, here we are. Now I play and sing in a good ol' fashioned alt. rock band called Kingdom of Brunel and continue working on my PC free electronic music project

Hoxton, London UK

Chipmusic'n for just over 4 years

United States
Zan-zan-zawa-butt wrote:

...as many playing bad jrpgs for the sake of listening to their soundtracks big_smile

Haha, same here. Sometimes I wonder if I ever really liked RPGs or if I just was drawn to them by the music. I don't play many video games these days, but the soundtracks of some of my past favorites will always be etched in my mind...

Anyways, I started playing classical percussion under some very good band directors from age 9 up until high school. I've dabbled on keyboards for about that long, been playing piano for about 5 years or so mainly for composing purposes, though I can do some decent accompaniment performance as well. I also focused my undergraduate studies on ethnomusicology and have studied a fair amount of theory and music history.

Ironically, though I have a strong love for chip, I own next to no electronic instruments other than my DAW and MIDI keyboard. I have also been playing ukulele and guitar (classical, flamenco, and samba/bossa/mpb) for several years, and have in the past year or so begun studying tabla and Hindustani classical music under the tutelage of a well-accomplished ethnomusicologist. 

I think the diversity of musical backgrounds is what makes chip such a strong medium--it's a vast blend of influences all under the blanket of chip instruments. Look at Sugiyama's battle theme for Mara and Nara in Dragon Quest 4--it's a straight flamenco cadence. And Uematsu took up music so he could be like Elton John.

Melbourne, Australia

8 years of Alto Sax and 5 of guitar, acoustic +electric

venezuela ccs

A youtube video of  My first band rock / industrial / electronic (1997 -2002 )

hard moments...! playing guitars, vocals, sampler, keyboards, sex & dr....

Last edited by EBOT (Jun 9, 2010 8:40 am)

Riga

hah :'D  i played some guitar in garage punk band ..

London, Ontario

guitar, vocals, got into electronic music making happy hardcore, uplifting trance, and some house-ish kind of stuff. now that i make chip i dont need labels for people to relate to my stuff!