i saw some on kitsch-bent.com, 100$?. its really cool but a little too much money for me to spend on 1 cart hmm

Indiana

This is a weird sentiment to start a thread about. The pricing is pretty well explained in this gigantic thread:  http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/4170/ … boy-carts/

Unsubscribe

If you have enough songs to fill a cart, youd know its worth it. I have three.

Ontario, Canada

Heh, I was happy to drop $90 on one of the first batch of Jose's USB carts and it was still worth it despite the fact that it was five months of not having emails responded to before I got it...I guess it just depends on how much the convenience/features are worth to you, if they aren't, just grab an EMS cart, no use in complainin".

ad-hell-aide

$100 is fine.

Many people have no idea how much time and effort and energy - sometimes at great personal expense - making hardware for the scene can be.

New Orleans, Louisiana

It's worth every penny, and I don't mind supporting abrasive, and rewarding him on his dedication in getting this product out.

dont get me wrong, its awesome (and it works on mac!) and id love to support him, and i may buy one, but i was suprised that it was 100$ smile

Canada

As a starving uni student (not that you have to be a student to starve), I hear ya. 100 bones is a dent, BUT...

IT WORKS ON A MAC WITHOUT USING TERMINAL.

It's just a great convenience to be able to plug it in, drag...n derp. It makes the whole process so much faster... I don't have to start up VMWare (windows emulation) anymore just to transfer .savs and .gbs.

+1 for streamlining:)

...though my initial cart didn't work, haha. Sending it back and receiving another smile (knock on wood).

Last edited by Jansaw (Nov 22, 2012 10:53 pm)

uhajdafdfdfa

there are a few problems with the "CHIP SCENE" but pricing / price as a barrier to entry is not one of those problems i feel

you can get a full gb setup for $70 if you want. that's a polyphonic synth + sequencer for what, 20 pints of beer?

i don't imagine abrasive is going to make profit on these carts even at this price and if he does i don't think it will be enough to live on

just get the ems cart (or a second hand one) if you can't afford it

smile

vancouver, canada
FerretBoy wrote:

dont get me wrong, its awesome (and it works on mac!) and id love to support him, and i may buy one, but i was suprised that it was 100$ smile

not that surprising if you consider the the kind of tech under the hood.  with the combination of ferroelectric RAM, driverless USB operation and the amount of research that abrasive put into making this all work smoothly, i was actually a little pleasantly surprised that it wasn't closer to $130 or so.

I've been using a dragnderp for a few weeks now and i gotta say, i'm glad i made the purchase.  the extra cost is a worthy premium in exchange for a product that "just works", as well as the confidence to work on tunes without the lingering worry of data corruption or losing save data.

Liverpool, UK

Dear FerretBoy,

Love,
Chipmusic.org

San Francisco
little-scale wrote:

$100 is fine.

Many people have no idea how much time and effort and energy - sometimes at great personal expense - making hardware for the scene can be.

what this dood said.

calmdownkidder wrote:

Dear FerretBoy,

Love,
Chipmusic.org

lol

calmdownkidder wrote:

Dear FerretBoy,

Love,
Chipmusic.org

lol

Fargo