Grungy old apartment in a dead city on the east coast of Canada. Living with a dirty drunk (like myself) and kicking it old school thrash metal.

San Luis Obispo, CA

Portland is nice! I've lived here for 8 years or so, and have enjoyed most of it. It's only bad when it snows. The general music scene here is huge, with a burgeoning chip music scene (please come back, Dataport!). There is a lot of great food, good artists, and a sometimes good basketball team (so I'm told). We also have great public transit, and decent welfare, as you won't have a job for the first year here (The unemployment rate is around 17%). I encourage everyone on these forums to move to Portland, so that we can all be Frens, and go to chip music shows together.

Brazil
PULSELOOPER wrote:

don't come to sao paulo. it's crowded!

And we have those damn cows too.

And you can live well down here if you gain in dolars or euros. (Y)

New York City

Girls here adore to take it in the ass.

São Paulo, Brazil
akira^8GB wrote:

that's south-america style: girls like to take it in the ass.

be jealous, rest of the world.

Melbourne, Australia
Axolotl wrote:
Nue wrote:

Back on topic: How far do you plan on moving ?

I am interested in hearing about anywhere in the world! I would really like to travel so there are no limits, really; other than money, of course.

little-scale wrote:

I like my town in terms of a place to live (I know that the guys from Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne will disagree with me here tongue) but it's not exactly the most exciting place on Earth. Especially not if you chiptune.

Adelaide, correct? Please, tell me more!

I'd also like to hear more about Sydney, Brisbane, and Melbourne.

I have a friend thinking of moving to NSW as well, anybody else from that area that can vouch for it?

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'd also like to hear about the government.

Melbourne is where it's at. Amazing culture, good food, great climate not over crowded. Good live music scene, biggest chip movement in Aus, good job market, good wages on a whole.

Government : Well, I whinge a lot about the current political climate. With the internet censorship campaign currenty being fought etc. I think that on a golbal level though we have it pretty good. I doubt that in the end the filter will get put in.

Ciudad de méxico, MX
akira^8GB wrote:

Some girls MUST take it on the ass. They are saving their virginity for they marriage. LOL

EDIT: and back to the topic, Chile is nice!. Nice wine, cheap nice food, good jobs opportunities if you're good, passionate ladies.... the only shitty thing is the people over here are WAY to conservative on the music scene. Or arts in general. I think this happens just in chile actually tongue.

Last edited by Analog (Mar 11, 2010 4:11 am)

Indonesia

i live in indonesia, it has beautiful islands and beaches,cheap beers also. but many of burglar in the downtown -_______-

I live in Portland, Oregon. It's basically utopian.

UK

it is cold and miserable. Paranoia society here also completely reeks, oh hello ill minded processed people.

astral cat
CS wrote:

it is cold and miserable. Paranoia society here also completely reeks, oh hello ill minded processed people.

i know rite haha

lolusa

If you feel like giving up, Western Washington is pretty bitchin.

Melbourne, Australia
Nue wrote:

I hear fake cows are in at the moment. This is near my town:

I've been there big_smile

Celcius wrote:

great climate

Great? More like random tongue

Last edited by TmTgr (Mar 11, 2010 9:48 am)

Tokyo, Japan

Tokyo

Hard to know where to start with this town, lots of good stuff but a few things

+ vibrant underground music scene
+ fucking spectacular video rental stores
+ safe/cheap/convenient
+ food is pretty healthy/awesome
+ you will NEVER run out of amazing new places/people to meet
+ People are passionate, talented, friendly and generally fucking awesome (provided you make the switch in thinking)
+ Govt basically leave you alone most of the time

- Mainstream media challenges even UK daytime TV in terms of banality.
- RADICAL shift in thinking required to live here without getting really bitter. (see post by the dude on Kotaku who just left in a big hissy fit)
- Summer heat.
- You really need to learn Japanese to live here (I view this as a kind positive though).
- Mens attitude toward women
- Womens attitude toward mens attitude towards women
- No fig rolls/jammy dodgers/bourbons/quality street/twixes/crunchies/double deckers (again possibly a plus)

Boulder, CO

Brooklyn, NY.

+has everything.
+lots of live music.
+awesome 8 bit community.
+awesome public transit system (when it works).

-expensive.
-will swallow your soul and you won't even notice.
-public transportation is broken/under construction very often.

New York City
PULSELOOPER wrote:
akira^8GB wrote:

that's south-america style: girls like to take it in the ass.

"Vai me dar no cú? Olha que eu gosto"
REAL QUOTE, said to me tongue

Last edited by akira^8GB (Mar 11, 2010 3:05 pm)