SF

Hey cm.org, I am looking to make a list of places I would like to move to. I am very interested in hearing what life is like where you are living!

What do you like about where you live?

What do you hate?

How's the music scene?

Any aspect you can think of, post it!

São Paulo, Brazil

don't come to sao paulo. it's crowded!

East Kilbride, Scotland

Don't come to Scotland, you're not welcome here.

Minneapolis

Well, St. Paul MN is OK, I guess. People try to be friendly, but usually wind up seeming kinda passive-aggressive. Music scene is alright, with the chip scene being rather small but plenty of musical types around in general. MN has the best public welfare around (at least until Governor Pawlenty finishes putting the ax into it...) but it does get quite cold in the winter.

I like that it doesn't get very hot around here, even in the summer. I like the weather. I hate the pot holes in the spring.

uhajdafdfdfa

I live in Milton Keynes, England. Life is pretty lazy here, maybe because I'm still a student, but it can be a bit boring sometimes. There's not a lot to do so young people go to the shopping centre and mooch about, older people stay at home. I think there's about one nightclub if that's what you are into, and it plays drum 'n' bass, r 'n' b, chart stuff. If you were coming from a big city with loads of stuff going on (New York maybe?) you would probably find it hard to adjust to the lack of stuff happening, if you're from the countryside it's probably a good urban area for city-newbs since it's pretty much impossible to get lost. Chipmusic scene is just me and maybe two other guys I've never spoken to, but there's a good scene for dubstep and rocky metally stuff. Big theatre which puts on some good stuff, a cinema, blah blah normal things you would expect from a large town. My lifestyle personally is spent inside on chipmusic.org and IRC, but you could probably do something else if you wanted to. Overall verdict of where I live: 6/10, there are better places to go so don't bother coming here.

Good things:

green town, new town, fairly clean town, small enough that I can walk/cycle anywhere, nice block layout of roads with roundabouts (which I like even though I don't drive), incredibly good network of proper sized cycle paths for cyclists ("redways"), walking distance from the countryside (fields and a nice forest), concrete cows, hour by train from London.

http://miltonkeynes.com/images/stories/ … aerial.jpg
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1131/540 … 20.jpg?v=0
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/198/4498 … a6.jpg?v=0

Bad things:

pretty boring sometimes, could be very hard to make friends if you just moved here (couldn't everywhere, though?), doesn't always feel that safe (as with most urban areas, I expect), music scene is not great.

Sorry for such a massive post! yikes

Philly, PA, USA

philly's the best, just the way it is.

The Mountains

in the south of america, it is cheap and easy to survive, and you learn to live harmoniously with rednecks and christians

New York City
Rainbowdragoneyes wrote:

in the south of america, it is cheap and easy to survive, and you learn to live harmoniously with rednecks and christians

You mean the south of NORTH America.
We at SOUTH AMERICA have no rednecks. Only crime.

Milton Keynes, England
ant1 wrote:

Good things:
concrete cows.

all you need to know about MK
you can ignore the rest of ant1's post. this is reason enough to move here. big_smile

New York City
Jonnyriddle wrote:
ant1 wrote:

Good things:
concrete cows.

all you need to know about MK
you can ignore the rest of ant1's post. this is reason enough to move here. big_smile

Dude, what the fuck is going on with those ugly cows? xD
Can anybody explain what they are?

uhajdafdfdfa

Back when Milton Keynes was being built (first started in 1967 I think), someone thought it would be a good idea to make some cows out of concrete, and now they've become a kind of icon or mascot for our town... being sarcastic when saying that's a reason to come here, though! tongue

Milton Keynes, England

wow, there's actually a wikipedia page all about them haha.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concrete_Cows big_smile

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

Everything

Nothing

As you can see Texas is the new New York as far as chiptune goes

NSW, Australia

I hear fake cows are in at the moment. This is near my town:

ad-hell-aide

I like my town in terms of a place to live (I know that the guys from Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne will disagree with me here tongue) but it's not exactly the most exciting place on Earth. Especially not if you chiptune.

Melbourne is amazing and busy and beautifu (although we don't have enough chipmusics!), but really, anywhere in coastal Australia is lovely. Depends how much you like hot weather, though.