Fort MItchell, KY

Recently some local kids got together and approached me about DJing a New Year's Eve party for them in an old school one of their parents own. I have a fairly extensive collection of dance music that I will go through while DJing, but because of my new found love for chiptunes I would really love to be able to squeeze in a chiptune or two throughout the night.

I was wondering if any of you have any suggestions for chiptunes that could be easily mixed in with 125-135 electronic dance tracks. I will be playing for a couple hours and they told me I have liberty to do what I want just keep people dancing. They also told me if this goes well they will be wanting to do this more often.

Thanks smile

Check out our releases section, as well as our music section. There is tons of stuff to parse through. We also have this thread http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/237/c … s-to-have/

Good luck! smile

Fort MItchell, KY

Thanks Alot! I will see how well the chiptunes go down at the party and let everyone know what happened. I am so excited to get DJing again.

California, United States

Check out my stuff in you want, you can use it no questions asked wink

Westfield, NJ

my latest album is all 128 bpm: http://decktonic.bandcamp.com/album/forgotten-machines

some other artists that go well in dance party DJ sets: Pocaille, Bacalao, Dubmood, MisfitChris, Benjamin Briggs, and Je Mappelle. There's a lot more I'm forgetting to mention, but you can start there smile

shanghai

there's a wealth of shit gameboy unce about at that speed. you know the stuff thats goes weeeerp weeeeerp whiiiiiirllll like deadmouses and skrillexes : P   - - to be serious though - play some fucking monodeer and watch them bitches cry haha

shanghai

also 'chipmusic is dead' by 4mat and the new homesweet shizzle is good...... stuff like this ive played out plenty. i like to play some funky ass slycmyk too. seriously.....if they dont like "sycmyk's theme" pull the plug and tell them deserve to be shot haha and no i dont remember how to spell his fucking name lol

Westfield, NJ

SYLCMYK!

And yes Henry Homesweet has released some great house tunes on Bleepstreet. Definitely check out Bleepstreet for your chip dance needs.

shanghai

them homesweet live sessions with the 808 are soooo good. im always tempted to mix one in and go take a 15 minute break haha

Milwaukee, WI

Covox 4evr

Unsubscribe

XiK

sweden

Trash80

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Some of my stuff might be a bit fast, but check out the newer tracks:

http://jefftheworld.com/music

The Hollow Earth

[shameless self promotion] If you're playing any 2-step/garage/uk bass music stuff in your set, maybe consider mixing in something from this single. [/shameless self promotion]

Does sound like it will be a lot of fun though. Good luck with the set and have a great NYE everyone!

uhajdafdfdfa

sabrepulse maybe

Fort MItchell, KY

Thanks so much everyone! The show is tonight. I will report back with my chip tune choices and reactions. Also thanks for the permissions too.