Milwaukee, WI

Happy new year everybody!  While it's fun to reflect on this last year, I think it's more exciting to think about the future.  What plans do you have for this year?  Any things you would like to see come to fruition?

Personally, I have a few releases in the works that I'm confident will actually be released.  I'd like to experiment with more platforms and sound palettes, as well as incorporating my vocals into some tracks.  I'm also hoping to start a monthly chip show here in Milwaukee.  (At least until Radiograffiti takes over. wink )  Of course I'm looking forward to all the new music from my favorite artists.  I'll be keenly interested in ongoing software and hardware development too.

The future is now!  What will happen in 2013?  smile

Melbourne, Australia

Sounds good!
My plans are to continue to grow and not lose motivation to keep producing and learning.

i have spent the last couple years (my first years in chip music) switching back and forth between different platforms, struggling to finish songs, and never settling on a style. i spent the majority of my 2012 musical life listening to lots and lots of music in the time i would usually spend just trying to crank out songs which i wasn't liking. among many many other wonderful artists, i think alex mauer's music really struck a chord with me and i began to doodle in famitracker trying to figure out some of his sounds.

i have found famitracker to be the most natural platform for me at this stage (tho i do a fair bit of work on lsdj also) and i hope that in 2013 i will be able to come closer to the sound in my head. i hope to have many many conversations with some of the pro musicians here and elsewhere and learn a great deal from them and from their .nsf's. and when i move to jerusalem for good this coming september, i hope that experience brings forth some unique music!

Last edited by defPREMIUM (Jan 1, 2013 7:28 am)

Milwaukee, WI
defPREMIUM wrote:

i have spent the last couple years (my first years in chip music) switching back and forth between different platforms, struggling to finish songs, and never settling on a style. i spent the majority of my 2012 musical life listening to lots and lots of music in the time i would usually spend just trying to crank out songs which i wasn't liking. among many many other wonderful artists, i think alex mauer's music really struck a chord with me and i began to doodle in famitracker trying to figure out some of his sounds.

i have found famitracker to be the most natural platform for me at this stage (tho i do a fair bit of work on lsdj also) and i hope that in 2013 i will be able to come closer to the sound in my head. i hope to have many many conversations with some of the pro musicians here and elsewhere and learn a great deal from them and from their .nsf's. and when i move to jerusalem for good this coming september, i hope that experience brings forth some unique music!

Amen!  Mauer is great.  If I could go back in time to when I started chip, I would've picked a platform and exclusively stuck to it for a while.  Continuing to form my identity as an artist is also something I'm concerned with this year.  It's tough not to feel like you're spreading yourself too thin -- stylistically at least.  Have fun in Jerusalem, you could certainly learn about a lot of interesting music there - middle eastern music is awesome!

Last edited by Theta_Frost (Jan 1, 2013 7:44 am)

New Albany Indiana

Lol me to, nothing worse than struggling or rushing a song.

vancouver, canada

LOTS i have on my checklist:

- release an LSDJ album
- release a DS-10 album
- play some live sets, in the pacific northwest
- try to arrange some east coast visits to hopefully play some shows, if anyone will have me
- start building more of a chip presence in vancouver with the couple of leads i have
- a website development project that i have in the works
- find an excuse to visit japan again and to hopefully play some shows there
- start doing more xboxcore

pretty ambitious list there but the good news is that i've already made significant progress on some of these items.  it's mainly the live shows thing that's more of a question mark.

california

Play a shitload of house shows.
\m/

Boise, ID

I would just like to start gigging when I come home to the states this summer. I need to put together a better setup first though.

New Albany Indiana

I want to play me some breakfast this year.

Chicago IL, USA

I got a full length in January, and hopefully I'll be inspired enough to do an EP every month. I'm also gonna remix Katy Perry's teenage dream album in full because fuck you all, she's gonna love it and let me touch her boobies and then chip will be mainstream and you will all cry and damn my name. that's the dream.

New Albany Indiana
SadPanda wrote:

I got a full length in January, and hopefully I'll be inspired enough to do an EP every month. I'm also gonna remix Katy Perry's teenage dream album in full because fuck you all, she's gonna love it and let me touch her boobies and then chip will be mainstream and you will all cry and damn my name. that's the dream.

I could report you saying "fuck all of you" under rule 13 or 14, then her boobies will be mine :3

Seattle, WA
bryface wrote:

LOTS i have on my checklist:

- release an LSDJ album
- release a DS-10 album
- play some live sets, in the pacific northwest
- try to arrange some east coast visits to hopefully play some shows, if anyone will have me
- start building more of a chip presence in vancouver with the couple of leads i have
- a website development project that i have in the works
- start doing more xboxcore

pretty ambitious list there but the good news is that i've already made significant progress on some of these items.  it's mainly the live shows thing that's more of a question mark.

You better play some live sets in the pacific northwest.

I want to start working in 2xlsdj, play live once or twice, and collaborate with some cool people. 2012 was a shithole and I'm glad it's over.

Last edited by Dire Hit (Jan 1, 2013 8:26 am)

Tokyo, Japan
bryface wrote:

Dooo eeeeeet

New Albany Indiana
bryface wrote:

Excuse: Asian girls

- Make more (and better) Music
- Buying a mixer, 'cause i have a ton of equipment here, but still no mixer for the setup.
- Play at least 2 shows.
- Moving out of my parents house and get a new job (My current one sucks)
- Care less about the past, stupidity of people and all sorts of shit.
- Oh, and finish the EP to release it soon.

New Albany Indiana

I just released an ep/collection/album so i dont think there is much.
-i want to create a template on lsdj so i don't have to recreate the basic instrument.