When you post an album, split, compilation or EP in the release forum, link it here, i'll add 'em to the first post. might review my favourites.

January:
AllergicRaccoon "Tales"
TheBronyChip "Sly Fox"
CS "Northern Dancing Town"
Dire Hit "Kinetic"
EH2 (ElHuesudoII) "New Plans"
secondhand bass "Attends-Moi, Ma Chère!"
Tommy Creep "Evil Scientist"
Zef & Danimal Cannon "Parallel Processing"

Last edited by extreme zan-zan-zawa-veia (Jan 16, 2013 7:51 am)

Tokyo, Japan

Excellent Idea, I will be checking in!

Lexington, KY

This thread will be so baller in a few months.

Murcia, Spain

I think it's an excellent idea for keeping track of what's going on if you don't have a lot of time to check everything everyday.

New Albany Indiana

Theres already one of these... and every thing gos on there,

Maine

aw man this thread is great (or will be)
i'll contribute
http://thebronychip.bandcamp.com/album/slyfox
it was made in 2012 but wasn't released until 2013  so i guess it counts
dont worry i wont make music as shitty as this anymore wink

Bit wish wrote:

Theres already one of these... and every thing gos on there,

not like this one

Chicago IL, USA

It'd be cool if you added like a one sentence description about each release underneath the album/artist. It would probably get people clicking more albums once the list fills out more, instead of just overlooking the whole thing. Artists could make their own sentence description when posting their albums in this thread so you don't have to do it.

EXAMPLE:
CHIPNAME "CHIPALBUM"
Generic sentence about genre or method.

Puerto Rico

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/5734/ … chipmusic/

Where's Lossy?

Edit: Just because I never saw anyone do this for 2012 and that would be pretty cool, to look over anything I missed.

Last edited by Xuriik (Jan 6, 2013 2:46 am)

washington

http://secondhandbass.bandcamp.com/albu … i-ma-ch-re
edit: Released at midnight on January 1st.

Last edited by basspuddle (Jan 6, 2013 2:39 am)

SadPanda wrote:

It'd be cool if you added like a one sentence description about each release underneath the album/artist. It would probably get people clicking more albums once the list fills out more, instead of just overlooking the whole thing. Artists could make their own sentence description when posting their albums in this thread so you don't have to do it.

EXAMPLE:
CHIPNAME "CHIPALBUM"
Generic sentence about genre or method.

cool idea- maybe people should write those descriptions themselves when they link the release here. unless zanzan wants to come up with descriptions for every release, which would be cool too!

if i came up with descriptions for every release it'd just be another "zanzan" thread where i am not allowed to have opinions :B

Tokyo, Japan

Dont get too much of a chip on your shoulder. You have a right to have your own opinions which go against the grain. The grain has a right to tell you, you are going against it. Nobody has told you are "aren't allowed" to have opinions.

If you see any release you really like, totally highlight them. I would be most interested to find artists and releases which are new to me!

Chicago IL, USA
extreme zan-zan-zawa-veia wrote:

if i came up with descriptions for every release it'd just be another "zanzan" thread where i am not allowed to have opinions :B

that's why it'd be cool for the artists themselves to make their own little sentence. maybe you could put an asterisk or bold your favorites or something as a zan zan seal of approval. Everyone wins that way. Speaking for myself and probably most people here, I'd be more inclined to check out an album if there was a brief sentence describing method/genre/style/whatever as opposed to basically playing release roulette hoping something doesn't suck.

edit: or if you are willing to do an extra couple minutes of work on it, you could just label albums with no description simply like "lsdj unce stuff" or "Famitracker Brostep" or "C64 Metal with Accordions and Kazoos". Maybe a nice mod with some time to spare would be willing to help out doing that even.

Last edited by SadPanda (Jan 8, 2013 1:48 pm)

Gosford, Australia

descriptions will make this thread the best thing ever and i don't care who does them

Utrecht, the Netherlands

I'm pretty sure most artists would be willing to write a small description.