California
RushCoil wrote:
Rei Yano wrote:

wish I got your joke. I think the only thing I have seen by him is eraserhead and I really did not like it.

I really like the song and felt it was avant garde, atmospheric,and a bit eerie. I should have picked a better allusion, but none came to mine. I only mentioned the song because those were the songs I liked the most. Also, thank you, really flattered you liked my song; I'm blown away by your stuff.

ditto.

ad-hell-aide

I love Eraserhead!

California
little-scale wrote:

I love Eraserhead!

I lose now don't I? I wont even make it to the compo now huh?

I will admit that it was interesting. interesting enough that I watched the whole way through. some scenes were strangely beautiful as well. I guess I should take it in as a piece of art rather than a film with a plot but I guess it is hard for me somehow.

and yeah... most people I know like it too. There is a broken down synapse in my brain somewhere that keeps me from appreciating that film lol.

Whoa, lots of great submissions. The comp will rock.

And yes, a lot of love was put in my song. Space Harrier was my favourite game when I was a little sega kid. Memories!

San Francisco

so i won right? ... i guess i should have turned something in...

ad-hell-aide
Kenobit wrote:

Whoa, lots of great submissions. The comp will rock.

And yes, a lot of love was put in my song. Space Harrier was my favourite game when I was a little sega kid. Memories!

I really enjoyed your take on Space Harrier.

Thanks! smile

ad-hell-aide

I am happy to announce the winner of this SEGA Music Competition: Rush Coil with the track "Blast Processing"!

Here are some comments from the judges (who were from Australia, Japan and Sweden):

"This track has a couple of things that make it really stand out, firstly its sense of space through the use of panning and reverb is really nice and whilst not purist in a hardware sense it still has incredibly creative uses of the core sounds of the sega consoles. Secondly the song has a nice sense of structure introducing and reworking themes in a way that it is never too repetitive but remains familiar."

"I really like this song"

"Beautifully detailed composition within a restricted medium."

Listen to all of the entries here: http://milkcrate.com.au/sega_comp/

Congratulations once again go out to Rush Coil! I wish him the best, and I hope that he enjoys my SEGA Master System MIDI Interface. Honorary mentions go out to the entries by Rei Yano and Turbo Crash!

Thanks to everyone that participated, and a special thanks to all the judges for the amount of effort and time put into adjudicating the entries.

California

Congrats Rush Coil. You talented bastard! I kind of knew you won from about 15 seconds into the song lol. Cannot wait to hear what you do with the midi interface. Please keep us posted.

Abandoned on Fire

Good job Rush Coil!

@little-scale:  Go Human Beings!!!  Woooo!!

PDX

Hey, thanks so much. I am really excited about using this interface. The true honor goes to little-scale who went to the trouble of making such a groundbreaking device.

Congrats, Rush Coil!

Can we expect to see another badass comp like this for the SMD interface? big_smile

ad-hell-aide

@ Beware: I am not going to rule out the possibility of more competitions similar to this one with hardware-based prizes.

United Kingdom
little-scale wrote:

@ Beware: I am not going to rule out the possibility of more competitions similar to this one with hardware-based prizes.

heart

Nicely done, Rush Coil! smile

So, when will the SMS midi interface be available on a larger scale?

Excellent!!!  Gotta get crackin at some 2.3 stuff then! heart

@Kenobit: After he finishes shipping it out on a little scale...

:3