Abandoned on Fire

Didnt want to start a new thread for this:  what is the "STOP" command for piggy, the equivalent of lsdj's HFF command?

Edit: this was originally in another thread wink

Last edited by egr (Jan 10, 2013 7:28 am)

Abandoned on Fire

HFF stops playback altogether.

shanghai

werd. thanks for the info

Unsubscribe

Whoa hff got added??

Abandoned on Fire
herr_prof wrote:

Whoa hff got added??

No, i mean what is the equivalent in piggy?

Evidently its "push the start button" wink

How to make an infinite table loop would be jyst as good.  Maybe better.

Last edited by egr (Jan 6, 2013 5:31 am)

Geneva, NY

Make a last row of all blank chains (I always use FE for my blank chains, filled with blank FE patterns) padded with rows without any chains above or below it and when you get to the last row of your song, move the cursor to the row of FE and hit LT + START. This will switch piggy to live mode, queue up the row of blank chains and eventually cause whatever your last notes were in each channel to play for infinity. You can customize what happens in each channel by either throwing a VOLM command in a phrase and/or a KILL in another.... I do this all the time.

OR you could just add a whole bunch of rows with KILLS or whatever in them right at the end of your loop, giving you a little more time to push start to stop it.

More on Live Mode:

http://wiki.littlegptracker.com/doku.ph … #live_mode

Abandoned on Fire
bleo wrote:

Make a last row of all blank chains (I always use FE for my blank chains, filled with blank FE patterns) padded with rows without any chains above or below it and when you get to the last row of your song, move the cursor to the row of FE and hit LT + START. This will switch piggy to live mode, queue up the row of blank chains and eventually cause whatever your last notes were in each channel to play for infinity. You can customize what happens in each channel by either throwing a VOLM command in a phrase and/or a KILL in another.... I do this all the time.

OR you could just add a whole bunch of rows with KILLS or whatever in them right at the end of your loop, giving you a little more time to push start to stop it.

That all makes sense.

I found myself wanting a "STAHP" command pretty bad when I set up my piggy rendering options recently.  I was shocked that the program just kept going and going until I stopped it, especially during rendering.

I was really hoping for a stop command so that the rendered files would be an exact and known length.  Then I could just drop them into something like BeatCleaver and have nice pretty loops ready to go.

"Piggy.  Piggy, please.  PLEASE STAHP!"

Unsubscribe

since the render is sample accurate, I just put a STEP ONE CLICK at all silent channels and align them in a daw, and then mute that part. You could probably do that in reverse for loops.

Last edited by herr_prof (Jan 7, 2013 8:00 pm)

Geneva, NY

Well, if you switch to live mode in a real time render, you can select all channels in the row (LT+B+B) and hit RT + START to stop all channels when the last phrase of the chain finishes. HOW BOUT THAT, ARNIE. HOW BOUT THAT.

Abandoned on Fire
bleo wrote:

Well, if you switch to live mode in a real time render, you can select all channels in the row (LT+B+B) and hit RT + START to stop all channels when the last phrase of the chain finishes. HOW BOUT THAT, ARNIE. HOW BOUT THAT.

Playback will stop by itself?  In that case it's all good!  \o/

Tokyo, Japan

This totally warrants a new thread!

Abandoned on Fire

Yay, bleo's method works just like I wanted!  This is indeed a nice thing to know.

Prof's method is what I do when multitracking lsdj so I know that works as well.

Edit: oh wait maybe not

Last edited by egr (Jan 8, 2013 1:09 am)

Abandoned on Fire

After experimenting it turns out that using live mode to stop playback automatically still doesn't stop the clock in piggy so the render keeps going.  Looks like for now I'll just need to put clicks at the end and chop them off with audacity.

Tinkering with this resulted in me finally getting a joystick mapping file to work properly so that's super kewl.  I think I've finally explored all the various piggy options now.  smile

Last edited by egr (Jan 10, 2013 7:35 am)

Brazil

Well, you can always go back to song mode from live so you can press start and cut the thing off. I always do that.

Abandoned on Fire

What i was hoping for was a precise stop that would give a render that is exactly x phrases long so i could easily beatchop it. I doubt my reflexes are good enough. wink

Unsubscribe

I think at this point we have to question your ability to see waveforms in audio editors big_smile