Hey guys! I recently bought a game boy color at a local flea market for a pretty good price. It was pretty loud out there so I hadn't noticed it, but when I got home and booted it up, no sound was coming out. I played around with it and found out that when at maximum volume, the speaker produces a little bit of sound. I also tried using headphones and that worked perfectly so by then I figured it had to be the speakers. =/

So my questions are, what does this mean exactly, do I need to get a repair? What are my options if I need a repair? And how easily and cheap can they be done before it might be better off just buying another one.

Its also missing a battery cover, so if anyone has an extra Atomic Purple battery cover I am interested in getting one of those as well.

Also, kind of relevant, anyone know of a good online store for buying some GBC games. Specifically I'm looking to get all the GB,GBC Pokemon games.

Thanks for all the help guys, it is very much appreciated! big_smile

Louisiana

Ebay for all parts needed. Though someone on here may have an extra speaker laying around. Also someone may have a batt cover for you. But these can all be found on ebay and amazon the like..especially the pokemon games.

Thanks. I checked eBay for the parts but I couldn't find any speakers. As for the battery cover they seem to have them but their like $3 a piece which seems way overprice, and that's not including shipping costs. It seems it may be better to simply buy another game boy color since finding speakers seems like its going to be a challenge.

Murcia, Spain

If you have an old/broken Advance SP or PSP you can salvage their speaker and solder it instead of the one your GBC has. It works perfect and actually sounds better than the original ; )

would a DSLite speaker work? I have an old broken one that I never use and I could salvage from.

Murcia, Spain

I'm not sure about that. If you have a multimeter you could check the impedance of both speakers and if they are the same, then you could swap them, but other than that I can't tell you help you further...

Last edited by DogTag (Jan 13, 2013 7:36 pm)

Chicago IL

Why do people use anything but the headphone jack on gameboys