So.. I've dug around in documentation and it looks like I might be s.o.l. on changing some stuff up. Unless I can create a config file to live next to my piggy eboot, is there no way to change button mapping, or skins?

edit: figured it out.

edit: no, I didn't.

Last edited by 8bitDAD (Jan 17, 2013 7:34 am)

Tokyo, Japan

Changing skin and mapping are both in the wiki on the home page.

http://wiki.littlegptracker.com/doku.php?id=lgpt:config

If that doesn't help, could you be a bit more specific about the problem?

IL, US

but yes, you will need to make a config.xml though its not very hard

i imagine i just place the xml file next to the eboot?  i guess i took the cue of "nothing much can be done with config file unless you're on a gpx2" and thought it might not be supported, though now on that =lgpt:config page i see an "etc" after listing xml file locations for windows and gamepark.

Abandoned on Fire

config.xml for changing the colors on the screen and mapping.xml for changing button functions.  For PSP they both go in the root lgpt folder where the eboot is (I believe).

Mapping file instructions: http://wiki.littlegptracker.com/doku.ph … pt:mapping

You can do it!  It's really not difficult if you look at the examples on the wiki.

Last edited by egr (Jan 18, 2013 12:52 am)

Awesome. thanks for spelling it out for me. Thanks everyone for the help. I suppose I just failed to put it all together in my head when reading the docs.

Last edited by 8bitDAD (Jan 18, 2013 3:07 am)

Just to be complete:

The config.xml *also* used to override the default key mapping (see all the KEY_xxx). Mapping.xml is suited to 'add' new button/controller to the default control settings.

So for example you got 'a' and 'b' mapped. If you want to replace 'a' by 'x', use the config.xml. If you want both 'a' and 'x' to do the same, add an entry in mapping.xml

egr wrote:

config.xml for changing the colors on the screen and mapping.xml for changing button functions.  For PSP they both go in the root lgpt folder where the eboot is (I believe).

Mapping file instructions: http://wiki.littlegptracker.com/doku.ph … pt:mapping

You can do it!  It's really not difficult if you look at the examples on the wiki.

Unsubscribe

Btw have you ever thought of making a per binary mapping or config.xml? That way youd be able to keep a windows and handheld binary on the same sd and just load the version you need without having to copy versions of your project every place..

seperate config and mapping xmls worked for me.

Unsubscribe

Oh I thought though of a workaround, keep the binaries in separate folders and instance the same project folders and samelibs location in each one...

i suppose from my lack of experience with the program i don't see the benefit, but i trust i'll see the benefit eventually and check back here for your suggestion.

Unsubscribe

You can keep a unified libariry on a sd card and have any relevant binary available whever you stick your memory card. So the folder structure would be something like

SDROOT (OR EBOOT)

>PigWindowsFolder
>>Binary File
>>Config.xml
>>mapping.xml

>PigMacFolder
>>Binary File
>>Config.xml
>>mapping.xml

>PigUNIXFolder
>>Binary File
>>Config.xml
>>mapping.xml

>Projects folder

>Samplelib

eboot binary (or canoo or gp2x binarry or..)
mapping.xml
config.xml

In config XML for the os specific subfolders you will need to do something like:

<CONFIG>
    <ROOTFOLDER value="../projects/>
    <SAMPLELIB value="../samplelib"/>
</CONFIG>

Abandoned on Fire
herr_prof wrote:

You can keep a unified libariry on a sd card and have any relevant binary available whever you stick your memory card. So the folder structure would be something like

SDROOT (OR EBOOT)

>PigWindowsFolder
>>Binary File
>>Config.xml
>>mapping.xml

>PigMacFolder
>>Binary File
>>Config.xml
>>mapping.xml

>PigUNIXFolder
>>Binary File
>>Config.xml
>>mapping.xml

>Projects folder

>Samplelib

eboot binary (or canoo or gp2x binarry or..)
mapping.xml
config.xml

In config XML for the os specific subfolders you will need to do something like:

<CONFIG>
    <ROOTFOLDER value="../projects/>
    <SAMPLELIB value="../samplelib"/>
</CONFIG>

I see the light!  Good suggestion.

Ooooohhh. Right on. Like.. if I intend to pig on another platform. Gotcha.

Unsubscribe

Once you start getting into rendering, it will probably make more sense.

IL, US

if you ever do... think i'm always going to prefer running it through a headphone out into my mixer & through a compressor over rendering