Maine

during the week i back up my flash cart at least once a day sometimes more im wondering if this is too much for the cart to handle or is this a good habit to have?

Madison, Wisconsin, USA

You know what they say: "It Is Better To Be Safe Than To Be Sorry!"

~ Regards, xX 8 BIT CHAMPION Xx

Unsubscribe

Storage is cheap, but if you need to archive that much consider using some sort of versioning tool like subversion so you can at least know the difference between the various revisions.

Maine

i just label them by date and then upload them to my dropbox

Madison, Wisconsin, USA
herr_prof wrote:

Storage is cheap, but if you need to archive that much consider using some sort of versioning tool like subversion so you can at least know the difference between the various revisions.

that's a good idea. I'm going to start doing that

babylon

girl you look good won't you back that cart up

Harrisonburg, Virginia

How much are you doing each day? If you're finishing whole songs every day, then yeah sure. If not, I don't see why not. It's your cart.

I don't know anything about read/write numbers for whatever cart you use. Are there limited read/writes for GB flash carts?

Sweeeeeeden

You are a role model for every LSDj user.

Tokyo, Japan
TheBronyChip wrote:

during the week i back up my flash cart at least once a day sometimes more im wondering if this is too much for the cart to handle or is this a good habit to have?

Bearing in mind how small the LSDJ files are, backing up weekly seems like extremely good practice. Especially if you have back ups off site on dropbox or something.

Planet Zaxxon

You can never back up too much. I save all my .at2 and .it files to 5 or 6 different locations. You never know when stuff is gonna crash, die or fall apart.

IL, US

when im actively working on an album, i backup my piggy data & record at least one version of the audio at least once each day, sometimes 2 or 3 times... this all then goes on the internal HDD, one external, my server & sometimes to be extra safe, the micro sd card in my mp3 player.. at the end of the process, all of this also makes it onto my server at home to go with the rest of my achived release stuff... ive lost entire albums before, rather not do that again (plus i handle backup stuff at work, so if i need to have those files in 3 locations total there, im going to do at least one better for my stuff at home)

Unsubscribe
TheBronyChip wrote:

i just label them by date and then upload them to my dropbox

That doesnt really help you a year later when you are trying to remember what each date means. I try to back up once everytime i finish a song.

Unsubscribe

Also I should point out that almost all my song deaths has occurred DURING THE PROCESS OF BACKING THINGS UP WHAT THE FUCK, so I also try to make a good recording of stuff before I try backing things up.

Last edited by herr_prof (Jan 24, 2013 2:12 pm)

Playboy Man-Baby

LSDMANAGER
LSDMANAGER
LSDMANAGER
LSDMANAGER

New Albany Indiana

Ive only backed up 3 times in my whole life, so i could record on BGB, then i never used them again. You can never back up enough, better to be safe than ... sorry.

Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Bit wish wrote:

better to be safe than ... sorry.