matt's mind

want to mention real quick, the AceKards are still around, if anyone wants one get it now I won't stock them again

from the newsletter:

hey everybody!

its taken quite a while to get this kit released, but finally the electroluminescent backlight panels for DMG are ready:

http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/el_dmg

this is the first run of this kit, if anyone picks it up and wants to give me some feedback, i'd love to hear it! 

also, there is a LOT of new custom-painted stuff by wesleyoung up in the shop here:

http://store.kitsch-bent.com/category/custom

the last thing i want to mention real quick (i've gotten a flood of emails about this): the 64M carts will be restocked this coming week, probably on Wednesday.  sorry about the wait everybody!  i totally messed up getting the re-order done like i should have...

till next time, keep chipping!

matt

thanks!

Good job finally getting the EL kits together! I'll definitely be picking one of them up in the very near future.

Czech republic

Why I'm not ordering these right now? Waiting for all-in-one order - with custom cases!!!!

matt's mind

(the wait may be a little bit, i make another revision to the case last week...  unexpected issue)

matt's mind

just got done modding this, thought i'd show it off a little to drum up some interest!

the case is one of only TWO samples of this particular revision (was just testing it).  there are a few small mistakes, they are being corrected, so the two samples of this exact design are the only ones to ever be made.  EVER. 

and, the raffle to be held at the 8static in May is for one of them...

DMG-CPU-04, prosounded, EL_dmg backlight, new case (white, glossy), matte silver screen protector, white buttons, new silicon start/select buttons.

so, BUY A RAFFLE TICKET AT THE MAY 8STATIC!  help them out and maybe get a bit of a rare item!

there is another item for the raffle, a collection of physical copies of albums from MicroD, Wage Their Battle, and Icedagaz!  but they'll be raffled as a separate item i'd imagine.

keep your ears open from the 8static folks on more details for the May show!

Seattle, Wa

Are you planning on making these cases smooth? I just bought a clear dmg and hated the lack of texture!

Looks awesome though!

Last edited by Retrovolvo (Apr 11, 2012 2:15 am)

matt's mind

*planning* on a matte finish.

these ended up glossy (the two samples) because when the texture was added, it created a bunch of flash around the speaker holes.

but, trying a new technique for this which hopefully will fix the issue.

Brooklon

So sexy. Are the internals the only OEM element? There's no chance that you would be able to do special orders on cases (i.e. no relief lettering, no speaker grill, etc.)?

holy FUCK I am into that DMG

matt's mind
Note! wrote:

So sexy. Are the internals the only OEM element? There's no chance that you would be able to do special orders on cases (i.e. no relief lettering, no speaker grill, etc.)?

yeah, the insides are basically a xerox copy, there are some tolerance issues and of course internal changes to compensate for the change in shape a little bit...  but other than that its the same.  100% compatible, no changes needed to anything to make the switch...

to make a change like you mention would require a new mold, which is a ton of money.  i *can* do it, but you don't want me to even give you the quote wink

clovis CA

link to the raffle?

Fargo
Alley Beach wrote:

link to the raffle?

I think you have to be there.  Details are not up yet for when or where.

matt's mind
Alley Beach wrote:

link to the raffle?

thats not a bad idea.

i'll email and mention it, but make no promises.  its much easier for them to do a local drawing methinks...

DRM.CT

Hey Kitsch, are your AK2i's updated for 3.0.0-6U? cool
Also, If that's the sort of DMG case I can expect, then you are welcome to all of my money.

Last edited by ALTF4 (Apr 11, 2012 3:32 pm)

Czech republic
kitsch wrote:

the case

looks amazing!!!

matt's mind
ALTF4 wrote:

are your AK2i's updated for 3.0.0-6U?

i bought them quite a while ago, and they are exactly as a bought them then.  so my guess would be no, but updating them shouldn't be too big a deal instructions are on the acekard website i believe.  along with the most current firmware updates for the card.

some others from these forums have picked them up, one i know with the intention of updating it and running it on a DSi XL, and it seems to have gone fine.