Turku, FIN

I so much wanna paint that white case. Looks so so tasty!

Chicago

Link to raffle would be awesome! Kitsch are you raffling off both case prototypes or will the be the one pictured? (sexy as all get out by the way!)

BOSTON

BAD ASS

matt's mind

(8static folks are discussing the raffle, i'll let them speak to that, i just donate the bits)

the raffle item is the exact one seen in the picture.  i'm keeping the other one.  and the mould has already been changed so these are the only ones ever of this design.  wink

thanks for all the nice comments!  i'm trying to get these done quick, i know the wait sucks.

Seattle, Wa

Do you have an idea of a price point, or will that not be revealed until your ready to sell them?

matt's mind

its not yet revealed to me yet tongue

i mean...  i can't say for sure yet, because the price is still a little fluid because of last-minute things...

The new case looks really cool... A white DMG would be incredible (especially with black buttons/screenguard, I think). Will the mold continue to have a non-original speaker grille, going forward? Also curious whether you'll be adding the ridges to the back/battery cover...

Oh, and would you be able to post a shot of the sides and bottom? Just curious to see more of this mystical beast. smile

Philly, PA, USA

Yes this one will be raffled at the next 8static on May 19th, with more details revealed soon!
I have it here now, and I can say it's really a very nice design, and will probably be getting one for myself when it's released.

I am seriously going to unload my bank account on those custom DMG shells, SO excited for them!!

Orange County, CA

Are the custom shells going to be primarily of this white kind or will there be a variety?

matt's mind

@DragonBot -- i'll get more pics asap, when i have some time to spare wink  (and a charged camera taking a look at it).  the speaker grill will continue to be non-original, yes.  its a style lifted from another console part.

@Dr Treble -- they'll be all sorts of things.  i have yet to decide what the first run will be, although the poll on the product page on the site will be the main factor in this.  and black and white as a standard stocked item too, for painters and the like.  maybe clear as standard too.  tbh, i was thinking of doing one-off runs of a hundred sets or so of a particular pantone color.  i love pantone, and i love limited edition things.

probably with some screen-printed stuff too.  but thats yet to be worked out.

it would be limited runs of pixel-arted cases.  the cost jumps a bit though, thats the issue.  but, the idea is driving me a little nuts.

so, probably limited runs of cases, with artwork by different artists. 

in other news on these, i'm told that the final revision of the design will be finished this coming week, and after that means more samples (since this is the final version, as long as adding matte doesn't cause flash again on the speaker grill).  more samples than last time, i'll post more info here when i know it.  thats all i know for now.

i'm pretty excited myself.  they are so close to being done.  being done pre-blip even.  unless something happens.

some of the questions people email me about i don't know the answer to yet, its just undecided.  i'll probably make a couple polls to help gauge interest, they are things which matter more from your perspective than mine...  so, look out for those.

matt's mind

from the newsletter

hey everybody!

new backlight, jeez.  well, not a big revision!  the PCB inside of LEDx3 has been updated, no need to cross the wires during installation, and the LEDs are spaced just a little differently.  a very tiny change, they install the same as the (vb) model.  black wire is ground, colored one is 5V wink

anyways, they can be found here: http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/ledx3

they are the same price as (vb). not all the colors have gotten the (vc) upgrade, mainly the colors that had sold out (or nearly) in the (vb) model.  white, blue, green, and yellow.  both polarization types!

enjoy, and as always, keep chipping!

matt

thanks!

kitsch wrote:

from the newsletter

hey everybody!

new backlight, jeez.  well, not a big revision!  the PCB inside of LEDx3 has been updated, no need to cross the wires during installation, and the LEDs are spaced just a little differently.  a very tiny change, they install the same as the (vb) model.  black wire is ground, colored one is 5V wink

anyways, they can be found here: http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/ledx3

they are the same price as (vb). not all the colors have gotten the (vc) upgrade, mainly the colors that had sold out (or nearly) in the (vb) model.  white, blue, green, and yellow.  both polarization types!

enjoy, and as always, keep chipping!

matt

thanks!

Sounds cool! I'm waiting to purchase anything new until the new shells come out! Any updates on them? I'm dying.

matt's mind

ok, update:

the last thing i hear, is the final mould revision is done, they'll have me two samples out this week or the beginning of next, once i confirm i'll have a larger sample order made.

i think i'll have some for blip, but am not entirely sure.  regardless i'll at least have a sample there.

i'm pretty anxious myself...

kitsch wrote:

ok, update:

the last thing i hear, is the final mould revision is done, they'll have me two samples out this week or the beginning of next, once i confirm i'll have a larger sample order made.

i think i'll have some for blip, but am not entirely sure.  regardless i'll at least have a sample there.

i'm pretty anxious myself...

Thank you for the update, kitsch! big_smile

Philly, PA, USA

we have a topic for 8static where we'll be raffling the awesome prototype! http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/6916/ … ngevblank/