Yay, I'm not the only one big_smile
@Tetrasaurus: Let me know if there's a gig/concert around here yikes

There are some great German acts
These: http://truechiptilldeath.com/blog/2010/ … -showcase/
And Patric Catani.

Don't know anyhting about cities,though. But Patric plays a lot of shows in Berlin.
This thread and all the void places make me want to encourage 8bit more.

For that reason I really think "how do I make this sound" threads and patchbooks are great.

EDIT:that didn't read like a sentence

Last edited by Jotie (May 23, 2012 8:58 pm)

buffalo, NY
Bit Shifter wrote:

They're probably out protesting the new legislation illegalizing assembly and dissent or whatever bullshit it is that's out-America-ing America right now.

When I was told what they were protesting against I didn't exactly agree. It was a sight though.

Apparently collegiate education is free-ish with high taxes, and while basic education is a right, advanced education I'm not so sure about.  I probably got a shitty gist of it though

rochester, ny
danimal cannon wrote:

Apparently collegiate education is free-ish with high taxes, and while basic education is a right, advanced education I'm not so sure about.

yeah i had no problem paying $15 for this advanced education i'm supposed to get on saturday...

big_smile big_smile

Perth, WA, Australia

Not sure about local perth based artists, however perth is a creative black hole. stay the <insert curseword here> away.

Milwaukee, WI

I'm ready for the midwest third wave then. wink  Let's get some people to come to some gigs!

Brooklyn NY US
danimal cannon wrote:
Bit Shifter wrote:

They're probably out protesting the new legislation illegalizing assembly and dissent or whatever bullshit it is that's out-America-ing America right now.

When I was told what they were protesting against I didn't exactly agree. It was a sight though.

Apparently collegiate education is free-ish with high taxes, and while basic education is a right, advanced education I'm not so sure about.  I probably got a shitty gist of it though

Yeah my understanding of what's going on up there is pretty minimal -- one article I read (OK skimmed) framed it as assembly for the purposes of protest as having now been deemed illegal, but I have no idea how skewed / exaggerated a viewpoint that was and I totally do not have the full picture.

lolusa
L4MEB0Y! wrote:

I really hope that I am not the only Chip Music creator in all of British Columbia...cause I'm not very good. But as far as I know I am the only one...at least in Victoria.

WOO ! A new guy !
You should come check out the X-Bit shows in Seattle
or the Circuits Ole shows here in Tacoma.
I would love to play a show in Victoria though, never ever been.

this is what is happenin' in Tacoma, It's been a lot of fun

Last edited by ovenrake (May 24, 2012 12:38 am)

Norway
ovenrake wrote:
L4MEB0Y! wrote:

I really hope that I am not the only Chip Music creator in all of British Columbia...cause I'm not very good. But as far as I know I am the only one...at least in Victoria.

WOO ! A new guy !
You should come check out the X-Bit shows in Seattle
or the Circuits Ole shows here in Tacoma.
I would love to play a show in Victoria though, never ever been.

this is what is happenin' in Tacoma, It's been a lot of fun

hah, though I think chiptune shows usually winds up looking quite weird (can't really say that, cause I've never been to one, but anyhows), this looks damn fun.
Wish we could have some of that.

Tacoma, WA

Yeah, I wish, though, that the Circuits Ole shows at Dorky's were all ages. As I am only 17, the whole 21+ thing really becomes a downer. The most recent X-Bit was great though (I tuned in via livestream). I HIGHLY suggest getting over to one sooner or later.

Milwaukee, WI
Theta_Frost wrote:

I'm ready for the midwest third wave then. wink  Let's get some people to come to some gigs!

I'm currently working on something solid. I went to an electronic show here in town with a turnout close to 500. This number pales in comparison to what the city used to pull in.

San Luis Obispo, CA

I don't think there's a scene where I am... Any central California coast (San Luis Obispo) folks hanging out here?

Brunswick, GA USA
Aeros wrote:

SAVANNAH IS A MUSICAL CESSPOOL SAVANNAH IS A MUSICAL CESSPOOL SAVANNAH IS A MUSICAL CESSPOOL

Let's start a group that play Widespread Panic and phish  covers.

I don't dislike the music scene here but I do feel a sense of... not having what the audience want.

Slightly agree with what 4mat said, but I don't need or want to be a hero right now.

Last edited by chunter (May 25, 2012 5:10 am)

Cambridge UK
danimal cannon wrote:

I wish the toy company guys were at my show that I'm playing right now. I'm using venue wifi in Montreal  to make this post

Well, I, for one, have moved to the UK.
I would've advised against performing right after Kinetik Festival since about 50% of the people who come to Toy Company are completely party'd out after over a week of festival and afterpartys. That including everyone who organizes Toy Company.

Bit Shifter wrote:

But it's mostly that. People are busy protesting and getting arrested. You wouldn't believe my FB and Twitter feeds.

Cambridge UK
Bit Shifter wrote:
danimal cannon wrote:

Yeah my understanding of what's going on up there is pretty minimal -- one article I read (OK skimmed) framed it as assembly for the purposes of protest as having now been deemed illegal, but I have no idea how skewed / exaggerated a viewpoint that was and I totally do not have the full picture.

It's pretty bad.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_78

rochester, ny

there wasn't any kind of scene for chip music in rochester that i was aware of before we started booking rochester chip shows almost two years ago. a few people were into it but i don't think there were any bands or shows (i could be wrong). there was, however, a very active indie rock / hardcore / punk scene and a bunch of good noise / experimental / electronic bands.

we started setting up shows and because of our connections in both of those existing scenes and setting up multiple shows for anamanaguchi (which helped bring a ton of college kids to our shows), they started to become more and more successful. more and more people came and more and more people started making their own chip music, which has been incredible to see.

the most recent monthly show we did (last week) had about a dozen local performers all making different kinds of chip music : gameboy + jazz saxophone, gameboy power metal, experimental noise with effects pedals, and of course, upbeat gameboy pop music.

so yeah, the scene here is definitely a lot smaller than scenes in cities like nyc or philly, obviously, but i really like it and hope to continue to keep doing shows here for a long time.