Westfield, NJ

You know, it's our fault for waiting for music press like pitchfork to throw us a bone when we know full well that they never have and never will understand electronic music (even the mainstream stuff). We have our own community, we are all self-made and we support each other, what's stopping us from doing our own music zine / blog dedicated to chip / experimental electronic / etc? If we had something like that we wouldn't need pitchfork.

And before anyone sugests that it's been done before, I do recall a couple times people tried to do chipmusic reviews and it was awful. Also if you are an artist in the scene you don't have that impartial journalistic integrity anyway. What I'm trying to say is, we should find our own music reviewers  that "get it" and support them.

Earth

I would like these albums if they were done well, pitchfork or not. But if you were a really good chip artist you wouldn't make a radiohead cover album. Right? Most cover albums around here are comps, because one person would'nt want to spend that much time covering one artist, straight. You'd want to re-interpret them or something. Which would be uninteresting to Pitchfork, unless it was done by Beck.

Westfield, NJ
breakphase wrote:

I would like these albums if they were done well, pitchfork or not. But if you were a really good chip artist you wouldn't make a radiohead cover album. Right? Most cover albums around here are comps, because one person would'nt want to spend that much time covering one artist, straight. You'd want to re-interpret them or something. Which would be uninteresting to Pitchfork, unless it was done by Beck.

I would gladly sit down and cover all of Daft Punk's "Human After All" but I am not a really good chip artist.

9h05t5 don't talk

Last edited by 9H05T (May 24, 2012 10:41 pm)

Earth
Decktonic wrote:
breakphase wrote:

I would gladly sit down and cover all of Daft Punk's "Human After All" but I am not a really good chip artist.

Yeah me either

Fargo
godinpants wrote:
Krubbz wrote:

it's pretty boring in my opinion.

That's probably just the Radiohead aspect of it.

No, not for me.  I like me some Radiohead.

Geneva, NY

Not a cover, not chip music, but hilarious and worth posting here to lighten the mood.

wow they suck

bleo: HA

Last edited by Frostbyte (May 25, 2012 5:14 pm)

Roanoke, Virginia, USA

Pitchfork did review the 8-Bit Operators Kraftwerk release back in '07.

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/986 … kraftwerk/

the review sounds like it should be an '8' but as usual, like the Onion parody, it gets a '6.5', tongue

oh great another chip covers album

Unsubscribe

At the end of the day, you cant get mad at pitchfork covering shitty releases.

Brooklyn NY US
4mat wrote:

oh great another chip covers album

Last edited by Bit Shifter (May 29, 2012 12:11 pm)