Chicago IL, USA

for sure. its still a good cover and i understand what you mean by not wanting to mess with a classic, with mine I basically did a near exact copy of the beat and stuff originally, but after a few days I added more and made it a little more my own thing. maybe some similar revelation will happen with you, if not who cares. still good.

Chicago IL, USA

I'm surprised no one made the connection 3 MC's and 1 LSDJ. Missed opportunity there.

Austin, TX
SadPanda wrote:

I'm surprised no one made the connection 3 MC's and 1 LSDJ. Missed opportunity there.

Haha that's a really good idea! If this tribute compilation is still in the works, I'd love to contribute!

Chicago IL, USA
Boddah wrote:
SadPanda wrote:

Haha that's a really good idea! If this tribute compilation is still in the works, I'd love to contribute!

yeah man I'm accepting entries until July 1st, and the more the better because some people haven't responded when I messaged them and who knows if everyone will finish and a bunch of other variables. Did you want to do 3 MC's or did you have another song in mind?

Chicago, IL

is there still spots open?! beastie boys were a HUGE influence growing up and i'd love to do something in tribute to them!

Chicago IL, USA
squidula wrote:

is there still spots open?! beastie boys were a HUGE influence growing up and i'd love to do something in tribute to them!

there's basically infinite spots because I'm fairly certain people dropped out, so I will accept as many as people turn in. if the comp has 15 tracks cool, if it has 30 that's cool too.

go here for some vocal tracks.
www.beastiemixes.com/acappellas.php

Chicago, IL

I'm already in protools playing with vocals:)

Austin, TX
SadPanda wrote:

yeah man I'm accepting entries until July 1st, and the more the better because some people haven't responded when I messaged them and who knows if everyone will finish and a bunch of other variables. Did you want to do 3 MC's or did you have another song in mind?

Awesome! I'll get to work asap on a track for this!
I'm not sure if I'll do 3 MC's or another track, maybe both? I'm trying to figure out what has and hasn't been called by others. I typed up a page of all the songs I've seen listed on this thread as well as the other one, I've also included the names of everyone that said they were interested. Hope this list helps:

(this might not be 100% accurate)
BEASTIE BOYS CHIPTUNE TRIBUTE COMPILATION:

Sabotage (Screamforme99, Feryl, SUPERNERD wants to fight!, Bleo)
Intergalactic (SadPanda)
No Sleep ‘Til Brooklyn (Chips Challenge)
Girls (Jotie, SubWooferSpecial)
Ch-Check It Out (SubWooferSpecial, Jotie)
Hey Ladies (SUPERNERD wants to fight!)
Alive (Theta_Forest)
So Whatcha Want (defiantsystems, Subterrestrial)
Pass The Mic (defiantsystems, Cartoon Bomb)
Shake Your Rump (defiantsystems, Mystery Stain)
Root Down (Defiant System)
Sure Shot (Datacats)
Flute Loop (Cartoon Bomb)
Heart Attack Man (Shitbird)
Instant Death (_-_-)
Too Many Rappers (Helgeland 8-Bit Squad)
Body Movin (Skin Walker)
Picture This (SKGB)

Square Therapy- tbd
DJ Cutman- tbd
D&D Sluggers - tbd

Sad Panda, I'll get back to ya soon with my decision!

Chicago, IL

Super Disco Breakin' (squidula)    !!!

Austin, TX

I'll do Make Some Noise since nobody else called it and most of the classic songs are already taken. If I have time I'll give 3 MCs and 1 (LittleSound)DJ a shot.

Chicago IL, USA

haha there was a list on page 4 that was near complete, you didn't need to compile that list. I'll add you guys on there.

New Albany Indiana

sounds raadical

New Albany Indiana

I call "RIGHT RIGHT NOW NOW"!

Chicago IL, USA

it's taken!

Chicago IL, USA

Hopefully some of you guys see this, but I'm just checking in on how everyone is doing with their songs. Also, does anyone have any ideas for a name for the compilation, and any ideas on artwork?

Austin, TX

I've got most of the instrument tracks composed/recorded, just need to mix it in protools to finish.