The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Go here

uhajdafdfdfa

good luck and i hope you get to a level where you are satisfied with your music and i hope you manage to find an online community where you fit in

ant1 wrote:

good luck and i hope you get to a level where you are satisfied with your music and i hope you manage to find an online community where you fit in

My sentiments also.
edit: but a community not where you "fit in", but are comfortable.

Last edited by Auxcide (Jun 15, 2012 7:00 pm)

California

Honestly at this point you're just digging yourself deeper into a hole. Just let it go and carry on.

Portland
Smashboy wrote:

Are there any other communities like this

You could try noisechannel.org

Savannah, Georgia
Frostbyte wrote:

No matter what gear you have or how bad you want it, you will suck until you have written at least 100+ songs.

this, this, this and f'ing this.

Paging Saskrotch, I did my best; it's above my head.

Last edited by Zef (Jun 15, 2012 7:33 pm)

NC in the US of America

Repeat: It's not all about me. It's not all about me.

People have just been using this thread to rant about newbies in general. Everything is not necessarily about you. If a negative attribute doesn't apply to you, then show it by posting in other threads and proving how great of a guy you are. That's just a universal rule of the internetz.

Anybody who analyzes every single sentence to point out the flaws in each word will not last long. I know, because I do it irl. And people who incessantly defend themselves just end up escalating whatever issue it is into fire and brimstone. I know this because I have relatives who do such. It's better to just let it be, pretend they didn't say it to you ("I know she di'int say that to me!" *z-snap*), and move on. The main people who get picked apart, chewed up and spit out are the ones who are their own white knights.

I hope you take whatever you've learned from this thread and use it wisely.

Unsubscribe

Maybe we need a forum for Constructive Compliments tongue

PA,USA
SketchMan3 wrote:

Repeat: It's not all about me. It's not all about me.

People have just been using this thread to rant about newbies in general. Everything is not necessarily about you. If a negative attribute doesn't apply to you, then show it by posting in other threads and proving how great of a guy you are. That's just a universal rule of the internetz.

Anybody who analyzes every single sentence to point out the flaws in each word will not last long. I know, because I do it irl. And people who incessantly defend themselves just end up escalating whatever issue it is into fire and brimstone. I know this because I have relatives who do such. It's better to just let it be, pretend they didn't say it to you ("I know she di'int say that to me!" *z-snap*), and move on. The main people who get picked apart, chewed up and spit out are the ones who are their own white knights.

I hope you take whatever you've learned from this thread and use it wisely.

The biggest lesson I learned here are those other guys are freaking prejudice. Didn't even talk to me and they acted like jerks! But never back myself up and kiss their a*s? ppfftt crazy, idc how much they know,if your a jerk,you ain't worth learning anything from. I'll learn to bud somewhere more pleasant.

Okay. Well bye-bye. Come back when you grow up and learn to not take things to heart.

Have you read ONE positive thing anyone has said to you on this thread? Seriously, what the hell. I'm normally not confrontational at all but come on, there are things that have been said to you that are so damn helpful that you will never even understand it until you are comfortable making music. Take advantage of the advice, not offense. Nobody even made any digs at you until you threw up the defensiveness front. Just like, read what's being said to you? I don't know. You're not going to find a community that's any different haha, it's just a matter of how to effectively join a community online. If you act like a noob, you're seen as a noob. I have had my share of noob conflicts on this forum: it's actually my fault that the administration made the rule about descriptive thread titles...haha. It took me a while to gain the respect I wanted in this community, not because it's anti noob, but because it's full of adult people with real life experience. You don't just get respect, you earn it with good music skills, offering help in the community, and being a good, reasonable person. I have made all the noob mistakes, like posting my first songs for criticism and expecting to be great, releasing an ep that I thought sounded good after spending about 3 weeks writing (it's only meh, and only for sentimental reasons now).

I can only encourage you not to leave or give up, but honestly, making music takes so much dedication and work. I've been lucky to have been born around music, and to have my father as a genius composer. I've studied trumpet for 10 years now, and I still bbarely consider myself good. But don't think about that. Think about it a step at a time, building skills and learning as much as you can whenever you can.

So quit your whining, and act like a man wink this is real life, on the Internet, with adult people.

Peace.

Indiana
Frostbyte wrote:

So quit your whining, and act like a man wink this is real life, on the Internet, with adult people.

this
quote right here should go down in internet history.

anyway

if you wanna quit man quit, but my advice to you is.....

LURKLURKLURKLURKLURKLURK! EVERY LSDJ ARTICLE, EVERY THREAD, EVERYTHING!

AND EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME! ALL DAY!

I hope I have helped you smashboy

› Show Spoiler

brooklyn
boomglitch wrote:

this! man, I was hoping someone would say this.
you can learn and figure out literally everything you need to get the ball rolling WITHOUT saying a single word to any of us chipjerks

Harrisonburg, Virginia
Kedromelon wrote:
boomglitch wrote:

you can learn and figure out literally everything you need to get the ball rolling WITHOUT saying a single word to any of us chipjerks

I mean, that's what I'm doing right now. Just sayin'...

Russellian wrote:
Kedromelon wrote:

I mean, that's what I'm doing right now. Just sayin'...

heart