trondheim, norway
SadPanda wrote:

Hopefully some of you guys see this, but I'm just checking in on how everyone is doing with their songs. Also, does anyone have any ideas for a name for the compilation, and any ideas on artwork?

"fight for your right to remix"

"hot chip comitee"

"chip sabotage"

Rochester, NY

Just name the comp. "Beastie Boys"

I don't want some stupid "lol chiptunes" album title

but in the end, you gotta do you, that's just my opinion.

Philadelphia

I'm finally done with all of this wedding business that's been keeping me busy for the past month. And now I'm fairly comfortable with lsdj so I should be able to get this done before the 1st.

trondheim, norway

Mostly just joking about the titles.. wink

Rochester, NY
helgeland8bitsquad wrote:

Some people might think it's actually a good idea.  I wouldn't fool around with something like this.

Philly

Not sure if I can get a solid one finished in time but some ideas for titles:

License to Chip
Chip's Boutique
Chip Communications
Hello Chip-sty (weak i know)

New York

Beastie Gameboys. (just in good fun. ChipChallengeBand has a point)

Chicago IL, USA

I have recently been favorable to just calling it "Beastie" and maybe throwing a "a chipmusic tribute to the beastie boys" on there. it's simple and gets the point across. I'm pretty sure I got all of you guys my email to send tracks, and only like a week left, so I hope to see some start coming in soon.

Rochester, NY

You've got the touch

You've got the power

Parallelis wrote:

Beastie Gameboys

²

shanghai

not all 8 bit music comps ha to have 'chip' or 'bit' in the title. jus saying

in my eyes, having 'Chip Beasties' or 'License to Chip',  'Teh Beastie Chip's' as the title or something similarly gay makes me steer clear.

Chicago IL, USA

yeah i settled with calling it "Beastie".  Downstate you should make a track if a lil over 1 week is enough time for you, Farewell Static is one of my favorite albums.

shanghai

i was going to actually, but a friend has my cart for a bit because i havent really made any 8 bit stuff since farewell static came out. im waiting til my midi megadrive is up and running ! ive been way too stoned these last few weeks making ambient crunk shit hahaforget i have 2 gigs coming up and thus far my live set is a few minute intro of drones and old blood pressure, health awareness commercials haha i dont really have the time unfortunately. shit why am i on,ine when my gig is the day after tomorrow haha
and thanks for the kind words about my release. new one is coming pretty soon. on hioster cassette obviously lol

trondheim, norway
ChipsChallengeBand wrote:
helgeland8bitsquad wrote:

Some people might think it's actually a good idea.  I wouldn't fool around with something like this.

Serious chip business... i like the underline title "a chip tribute to beastie boys" (or something like that). Thats all you need really.

Cambridge UK

No Chip Till Brooklyn

Chicago, IL

well bad news is the acappella I chose is really buggy. Lots of speeding up and slowing down and it doesnt follow a tempo nicely. sad
can anyone confirm or deny that this track is awful? I am doing super disco breakin
is anyone else having troubles?