Milwaukee, WI

Personally I think it's a fantastic chip.  Maybe it would be better to just seperate it from Defle as it's own little tracker?

New York City

You should separate it I think. Make a YMU759 tracker and keep Deflemask for the rest. Shouldn't be hard to maintain the two specially since the YMU tracker has such a small user base that you will not get that many user requests or anything like that.

Buenos Aires, Argentina

I managed to separate all of the YMU stuff of the main DefleMask's core, the YMU has his own files now. Then YMU759 will stay inside DefleMask for now, fully functional in Windows and without emulator feedback in others OS.

Now I will boot into Ubuntu to finish some final points of the Linux build.

Last edited by Delek (Jun 20, 2012 6:35 pm)

Buenos Aires, Argentina

DefleMask updated!-

CHANGES:
01: Due to a HUGE and AWESOME track done by Chip Champion for Battle Of The Bits I realized that the memory allocation was very slow, I speed it up a lot by using blocks of memory instead of individual requests.
02: Re-enabled the note previewing, it was disabled to debugging.
03: Fixed a bug in the Load Files menu under Linux.

DOWNLOAD!

Last edited by Delek (Jun 23, 2012 8:23 am)

oh man oh man oh man

Buenos Aires, Argentina

DefleMask Running @ Ubuntu!!!!!

Last edited by Delek (Jun 23, 2012 8:23 am)

Buenos Aires, Argentina

DefleMask is going better and more compatible, I updated it and now it works in all Linux distributions without those sound problems that some users suffered!.

NEWS:
01: Fixed incompatibility issues with the sound in some Linux's Distributions.
02: Fixed a frequency calculation error in the noise channel of the Game Boy (both Windows and Linux builds).
03: Removed SDL.dll from the Linux Build, it was in the package due to a mistake.

DOWNLOAD!

uhajdafdfdfa

big_smile i'm realy happy about linux version

thanks so much delek xxx you are doing great things for all chiptuners

Tokyo, Japan
Delek wrote:

I need your feedback in a very hard decision for me: cutting off the support of the YMU759.

I think supporting obscure chips is cool BUT I think the best thing for the project if you you to spend as much of your time as you can supporting the more popular chips. This will get you work to a wider range of people!

Buenos Aires, Argentina

DefleMask 7f released!, Game Boy ROM BUILDER FTWWWWW!!.

NEWS:
01: Game Boy ROM and GBS Exporter! (remember always to use an accurate Game Boy Emulator, such as Visual Boy Advance, or the actual Hardware!).
02: Custom Keyboard Layouts added and keys editor!.
03: Fixed a bug regarding to the Note Up shortcut, it was limited to octave 3.
04: Fixed a bug introduced in the latest release, regarding to loading a premade instrument.
05: Fixed a bug in the GENESIS Rom Builder, it was disabled in the previous release.
06: Manual Updated.

Both Linux and Windows builds updated!.

DOWNLOAD!!!

Bristol, UK
Delek wrote:

NEWS:
01: Game Boy ROM and GBS Exporter! (remember always to use an accurate Game Boy Emulator, such as Visual Boy Advance, or the actual Hardware!).

This is awesome! Why has no one commented on this yet?

Buenos Aires, Argentina

I'm working in a more standard way of change the volume dinamically in the Game Boy. Some emulators are not compatible with the current way. Because you can't simply change the volume while a note is sounding in this Nintendo console, I have to use hacks that works on the real hardware. I'm doing heavy testing right now. Wish me luck.:p

An update is coming with even better GB and GBS exporting.

.FILTHadelphia
Evil Scientist wrote:
Delek wrote:

NEWS:

This is awesome! Why has no one commented on this yet?

Because I just saw this. OMFUG! So stoked on this.

shanghai

Dear Delek,

Im pretty sure you already know this.
But you are a fucking legend to the chiptune community !!!

Peace

Delek wrote:

I'm working in a more standard way of change the volume dinamically in the Game Boy. Some emulators are not compatible with the current way. Because you can't simply change the volume while a note is sounding in this Nintendo console, I have to use hacks that works on the real hardware. I'm doing heavy testing right now. Wish me luck.:p

An update is coming with even better GB and GBS exporting.

Ah, that explains it. I was hopin for compatibility with foogep so I can export wave files...I guess I'll have to wait!

Riverside, CA

Would it be possible to export a Game Boy tune in a way that would make it usable in GBDK?