Louisiana
ant1 wrote:
kineticturtle wrote:

it looks like a cake! i love it

This one is awesome. I notice that the left side of the screen is popping up a bit. Mines doing the same thing..is this common with Matt's screens? If so we should inform him. They may need slightly more adhesive. Atleast the black ones anyway...o_0

matt's mind

the surface finish directly under the screen has the matte finish too, a smooth finish would hold better.  i did that on purpose because of the mess which is left behind by removing screen covers when they're changed (i found myself taking razors to the cases whenever i removed an old screen and the like, which gets old).  figured this would make it easier.  not sure why its lifting off like this.  although, i'm switching manufacturers for these things anyways, so the adhesive will change a little too.  i'll keep this in mind though, thanks for mentioning it wink  it is the matte finish there though thats the reason.  they're the exact same screens that have been shipped for years now.

Louisiana

Just about to attempt the mods from the cake boy up top but with 1/8th jacks cause it's all I have ATM. But will give me left and right still I hope. Anyone know if using stereo jacks will work for this mod? I'm assuming I just connect left for one of them and right for the other and leave the opposit sound tabs alone on either jack? If no ones knows or answers before I mod it I'll post my results here. About to do it in the next few minutes as soon as my smoke is done as soldering iron hears up

Matthew Joseph Payne

Yeah Matt I've had a lot of trouble with getting the screen covers to stick on, but I've always also had trouble keeping the front panel from bending slightly once I get (any brand) of backlight installed. Never figured out how to get around that.

Vex wrote:

Just about to attempt the mods from the cake boy up top but with 1/8th jacks cause it's all I have ATM. But will give me left and right still I hope. Anyone know if using stereo jacks will work for this mod? I'm assuming I just connect left for one of them and right for the other and leave the opposit sound tabs alone on either jack? If no ones knows or answers before I mod it I'll post my results here. About to do it in the next few minutes as soon as my smoke is done as soldering iron hears up

You can use stereo jacks, but if you're planning on plugging mono cables in, ignore the "ring" contacts. That being said, I'm not sure why you'd want to do this - mono 1/8" cables aren't that common outside of the modular synth world - so unless that's your plan, I think you'd be better off with a stereo jack anyway.

Louisiana

Here she is.

I got her modded ad all works good. Also @kineticturtle i just wanted to do it to do it honestly. Anything to give me left ad right in separate ports. This way I can have two Amps and plug one with left only and one with right only and have true left and right. I know amps take 1/4 inch but I have the adapters and the gameboy will be sitting on a table and never moved so I don't have to worry about the adapters falling out easily. Unless somebody gets up and runs into my table screaming "falcon paaaaaawnch" or something I think I'll be good. Lol

Honestly though Ive just wanted designated left and right in a DMG for soooo long so I finally did it with the materials I had ATM.

My body is Reggie. Or something like that.
KOOL SKIN.

Unsubscribe

L0O3, C0rnw4//.
herr_prof wrote:

soon to be nom

uhajdafdfdfa
Vex wrote:

Anything to give me left ad right in separate ports. This way I can have two Amps and plug one with left only and one with right only and have true left and right. I know amps take 1/4 inch but I have the adapters and the gameboy will be sitting on a table and never moved so I don't have to worry about the adapters falling out easily

isn't that why most people do RCA smile

Louisiana
ant1 wrote:
Vex wrote:

Anything to give me left ad right in separate ports. This way I can have two Amps and plug one with left only and one with right only and have true left and right. I know amps take 1/4 inch but I have the adapters and the gameboy will be sitting on a table and never moved so I don't have to worry about the adapters falling out easily

isn't that why most people do RCA smile

Typically good old bass guitar amps run 1/4 inch jacks same as guitar amps. I have 1/4 inch female to 1/8th inch male adapters and can pick up two 20foot 1/4 inch cords from a local music shop for about 10$ a piece. Easier to get ahold of for me and cheaper all together for me also. Work wih what you got right? I'm also going to be doing a stereo prosound up top and eventually swapping these two 1/4 inch when I get my hands on some. As of now this is how I'm gunna roll and it works for what I need it to and in the end that's what matters right? Also I have a DMG with RCA and I rarely find myself using it if at all. It's been atleast 8 months since I have.

remember for cheap cables and stuff, monoprice!

http://www.monoprice.com/

just finished this puppy. actually not quite done - the switch is for the pitch oscillator but I want to replace it with a smaller push-button or rocker switch, and also the screen protector fell off (just resting there to look nice for the camera).

fuschia backlight, I have the hex inverter chips tho to bivert it and may do that yet... (have 74hc04 but also 74hc86 is the one that can be used with a switch). would be pretty cool. I thought the fuschia (nonfinite) backlight was too blue for the color scheme when inverted with the polarizer. maybe if I add the hex inverter it will look better. the buttons are transparent pink but look more red in the pic.

actually pretty much themed like this site big_smile

pitch knob from an old guitar

Last edited by psychedelicious (Jul 11, 2012 6:08 am)

KC
Evil Scientist wrote:

Purple one sprayed on the outside, pink shell sprayed on the inside.

what kind/how did you paint these?

just spray can paint or thinned paint with an airbrush?

Bristol, UK
Grymmtymm wrote:

what kind/how did you paint these?

just spray can paint or thinned paint with an airbrush?

Tamiya transparent spray paint, designed for RC cars

Austria

my first modded dmg (sold sad )

my current test dmg

Austria

for those not following my blog

i currently build 3 arduinoboys... 2 are finished

and i changed design of my two current dmg's

peace