The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

I drop my Bass a lot. It has some scuffs on it now. . .

The feeling is excitement. If you're not excited by that kind of music, you're not going to be able to do it right. The only way to do it is to listen to music with drops, legitimately get into it, then try to recreate it with your own style countless times until you get it to a poit where it truly is a climax of excitement and you feel good when it comes.

Harrisonburg, Virginia
Frostbyte wrote:

The feeling is excitement. If you're not excited by that, you're not going to be able to do it right. The only way to do it is to legitimately get into it, then try to recreate it with your own style countless times until you get it to a point where it truly is a climax of excitement and you feel good when it comes.

I just had to. Don't kill me.

Last edited by Russellian (Jul 19, 2012 11:58 pm)

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

I saw a hedgehog in the flesh the other day and I was somewhat startled

Austin, Texas
NUCLACE wrote:
SketchMan3 wrote:

Also... so Hedgehogs really don't have much attitude, then?

Now, this is what I call a hedgehog with attitude:

Last edited by Telerophon (Jul 20, 2012 12:35 am)

Madison, Alabama
AndrewKilpatrick wrote:

I saw a hedgehog in the flesh the other day and I was somewhat startled

Did you catch it and encase it in clay?

Joliette, QC, Canada

MMMmmm...........DROOOP !!!

My Game Boy was dropped down a set of stairs once. Took it like a champ though!

Forest Maze
Russellian wrote:

How do you have a hedgehog for every ocassion? D:

NC in the US of America
chunter wrote:

I was curious to see if the guitar forums I sometimes visit (with technical questions) have threads about how to play The Blues...

First page on Google was  a lot of howto pages but no forums.

chunter wrote:

"How to drop the bass" didn't have any lesson pages at all,

Hmmm... Is there a connection I wonder

Some forums don't come up in Google searches. The few genre specific guitar forums I go to have threads on how to do this or that pop up every so often.

But I think live performance instruments lend themselves more easily to being able to create a mood on the fly than compositional instruments like trackers, where you have to stop and write it down, which could break your train of thought.

LOL at actually trying to not talk about hedgehogs. Hmmm... don't hedgehogs often roll into a ball and drop down an incline in order to escape predators? I wonder if there really is a connection...

Sydney, NSW
eme7h wrote:

Listen to music that has drops. You'll figure out.

Invaluable advice from the man himself

Russellian wrote:
Frostbyte wrote:

The feeling is excitement. If you're not excited by that, you're not going to be able to do it right. The only way to do it is to legitimately get into it, then try to recreate it with your own style countless times until you get it to a point where it truly is a climax of excitement and you feel good when it comes.

I just had to. Don't kill me.

OMG taken out of context that is hilarious.

The Bronx

Alright, this thread has turned into an image dump without any helpful resolutions in sight because, as several people have mentioned earlier, bass drops are not a technical issue taught in steps, but a matter of songwriting craft. Peace out.