Canada
original title wrote:

Why don't artists

tend to spend as much time on melody anymore?

It's been bothering me a lot recently it seems all I'm hearing out of the electronic music of today are off pace syncopated rhythms,

when I miss the classic style of the 80's were melody ruled.

I just feel so antiquated, when I here newer music.

Could you guys point me in the direction of some nice melody driven chip?

Savannah, Georgia

i suppose trey's pretty good with melodic chip.
http://treyfrey.bandcamp.com/releases

› Show Spoiler

Canada
Aeros wrote:

i suppose trey's pretty good with melodic chip.
http://treyfrey.bandcamp.com/releases

› Show Spoiler

Would you rather me post diss

D:

I feel emoticons are a stale way of conveying emotion, especially with such a vast array of technology at our fingertips,

and there is no reason to be angry about a cartoon, if you don't like it that's fine, but if you haven't watched it I don't feel you have any room to say it's bad or good.

Also treyfrey is all right, but just a little amateurish, I'm looking for not so much of the straight game boy sound if that is possible, I respect all the work and everything that goes into it especially since I couldn't begin to comprehend it, but it's just not that exciting to me.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Treyfrey? Amateurish?
Gtfo and take your ponies with you.

California

>treyfrey
>amateurish

wat

The first artist that comes to my mind that's melodic and not straight-gameboy is 4mat.

Edit: and yeah seriously, the ponies really aren't necessary at all.

Last edited by VCMG (Aug 1, 2012 5:24 am)

Boulder, CO

Why don't people... Follow rules.

The Rules wrote:

12. Thread titles should describe the topic of the thread. Please avoid titles like "Help!" or "Have you seen this...". Something like "How can I do a beefy bassdrum with Midines?" or "I just saw a chip music reference at the bus stop" is good. Staff reserves the right to edit unclear thread titles to something more descriptive.

Philly, PA, USA

Dude, are you for fucking real with this? I literally cannot believe this.

Like you come onto a chipmusic forum and post about how you don't want to hear chip sounds? Like do you understand what this is?
I mean I haven't been listening to too much chip music lately but that's not what I post about here.
I'm not gonna defend chip music because that's just dumb, but like literally this is hilarious

And for real with the fucking ponies?
I'm guessing this is a silly troll
but god you are annoying.

Also just extra lol at specifically asking for "melody driven chip" and then being condescending when someone gives you exactly that.

Last edited by pixls (Aug 1, 2012 5:27 am)

Not even annoying in an entertaining way. Just annoying because you're trying so hard to be annoying

IL, US

edited title per the rule adam mentioned
no shortage of melodic chip music out there

Philly, PA, USA

Also if you're a real person and you're actually just an idiot and don't know what chip music is listen to Infinity Shred, they're melodic and junk,
but seriously, the fucking ponies.

oh my god

Canada
Auxcide wrote:

Treyfrey? Amateurish?
Gtfo and take your ponies with you.

VCMG wrote:

>treyfrey
>amateurish

He just has a lot of the same timbre pattern that I hear from a lot of other DMG weilding artists don't take it offensively I like it, it's just not something I wouldn't go apeshit about.

AdamGetsAwesome wrote:

Why don't people... Follow rules.

The Rules wrote:

12. Thread titles should describe the topic of the thread. Please avoid titles like "Help!" or "Have you seen this...". Something like "How can I do a beefy bassdrum with Midines?" or "I just saw a chip music reference at the bus stop" is good. Staff reserves the right to edit unclear thread titles to something more descriptive.

Guess I should have read that first.

pixls wrote:

Dude, are you for fucking real with this? I literally cannot believe this.

Like you come onto a chipmusic forum and post about how you don't want to hear chip sounds? Like do you understand what this is?
I mean I haven't been listening to too much chip music lately but that's not what I post about here.
I'm not gonna defend chip music because that's just dumb, but like literally this is hilarious

And for real with the fucking ponies?
I'm guessing this is a silly troll
but god you are annoying.

I enjoy chip sounds, I don't enjoy the same chip sound for 50,000,000,000 tracks though, it's almost like there is little to no variation amongst the artists, all I keep hearing are these wannabe GB ost style tracks, or house style that just doesn't quite cut it. There is no reason to be offended it's just an observation.

I suppose I'll stop with the pictures every post because it seems to annoy you people for some reason, even though you run a site that allows image posting hmm.

I'm really interested in, and I know you guys are going to fling shit at this, but more artists like Sabrepulse if possible without the breakcore every 5 seconds would preferable.

Last edited by Lazare (Aug 1, 2012 5:33 am)

If you want chiptune with more focus on mainstream electronics, go listen to mainstream Electronica with some chiptune elements. As far as melody goes, chip seems more centered around melody. And there are sooo many artists that prove this.

Philly, PA, USA

ok, yes there's a lot of shit chip music sure, but that doesn't mean that it all sounds the same, that's literally like saying all guitar music sounds the same because it's only some strings it can't sound that different

I'm not offended it's literally just one of the dumbest things you can say about chip music.

Also pictures are definitely allowed, but we're also allowed to call your ponies ridiculous

Canada
Auxcide wrote:

If you want chiptune with more focus on mainstream electronics, go listen to mainstream Electronica with some chiptune elements. As far as melody goes, chip seems more centered around melody. And there are sooo many artists that prove this.

I want to hear original solid chip music, like people using things like old computers and maybe even NES systems or SNES systems(if there are even programs to play these I'm not sure)

I just don't want to hear the same unce unce unce unce unce kick drum with the same 5 notes repeating for 6 minutes.

I don't think that's such a bad thing to ask for.

KC

yeah, the ponies have to go.........

Savannah, Georgia
Lazare wrote:

Also treyfrey is all right, but just a little amateurish

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH HOLY SHIT

srs, someone go get saskrotch, he'd have a field day in this thread