Seattle, WA US
danimal cannon wrote:

Yeah, I should definitely mention that I often arrange with a subwoofer, and that really helps

I could not do what I do without access to one ha

i tried to get more bass with a modified prosound and seems to be working....  i tried with headphone and you can hear a little difference .. but never tried with big amplification and subwoofers ..
it work but only for very low basses . (whould say 20-40 hz) ..
the PCB will go to production normally this week ..
http://noizeinabox.blogspot.co.uk/2012/ … nabox.html

Austin, TX
danimal cannon wrote:

Honestly I think running a DMG through tubes for 'warmth' is snake oil. The whole aesthetic is cold hard transistor perfection anyways.  Seriously, it's a stupid idea.

And this is coming from a guy who plays through a great tube amp for guitars.

I've been doing this lately, and I think it sounds great, personally.  I find it removes some harshness and mildly distorts really nicely on basslines.

Lexington, KY

I've been finding I get more control on that low knob when I use smoother waveforms. Still, it's sorta odd that a sharper WAV won't reach that point... O_o
Still, it's nice to see that I can now achieve a better mix live.

washington
squidtantrum wrote:
thebitman wrote:

Other things you can do is making your "volume" levels for your WAV instruments seem lower (frostbyte know more about this than  do).

Also - you might want to look at adding some sort of tubes for extra warmth or adding some different capacitors.

How would I add tubes to the DMG?? Or do you meant he amp.... I'm very interested.

You could always run the DMG through a studio mic preamp, a lot of them are tube-powered.

Solarbear wrote:

I've been finding I get more control on that low knob when I use smoother waveforms. Still, it's sorta odd that a sharper WAV won't reach that point... O_o
Still, it's nice to see that I can now achieve a better mix live.

CURTIS.

an0va wrote:

The simpler the waveform the stronger the perceived bass, too

uhajdafdfdfa

edit: i suppose you mean simple as in harmonics,  sorry, ignore that then

Last edited by ant1 (Aug 21, 2012 12:24 pm)

Lexington, KY
an0va wrote:

The simpler the waveform the stronger the perceived bass, too

I KNOW, THAT'S WHY I SAID IT.
heart heart heart

Tacoma, WA

I have a Behringer as well and a good set up (for 1 channel) that has worked well for me is to have High pass on full or slightly less, Mid pass on about 3/4 or slightly more, and Low pass, obviously, on full.... other than that, I would just say to change the volume of instruments so the bass is more obviously emphasized