uhajdafdfdfa

hey all Hello Welcome smile \o/

SMELLBOURNE BOSSTRALIA

Umm, I'm actually mysterystain, but I don't like that name anymore, so now it's this stupid ass name. I thought this thread would be the appropriate place to post.

Gosford, Australia

quality name change, still making the same sorta tunes?

SMELLBOURNE BOSSTRALIA

Nah mate gonna make some CHIPTHRAAAASSSSHHHHH

But really though, I have no idea what I was making in the first place. Perhaps an artist name might bring me closer to actually releasing something.

Lexington, KY

Handgun Fantasy...
...this time, the safety is OFF!

NC in the US of America
HANDGUN FANTASY wrote:

Nah mate gonna make some CHIPTHRAAAASSSSHHHHH

But really though, I have no idea what I was making in the first place. Perhaps an artist name might bring me closer to actually releasing something.

FDUUUUDE, I checked out your old stuff.. wuuughh "Ode to @Horse_ebooks (WIP)" it's so good, man. SOoo GOOD. yikes

I'd go bump your CC thread but I suppose that wouldn't do much good at this point. Anyway, welcome to your new identity. I hope you don't totally abandon your old style.

SMELLBOURNE BOSSTRALIA

Oh stop it, SketchMan, you're embarrassing me. :3

I should really get around to finishing that track though. I want to add some guitar and track some real drums and stuff.

Greetings one and all.

I am oRs, formerly known as Orson from The United Minds (old demo group on the ZX spectrum).  Just discovered this site today!  I last wrote music around 2007, but I have recently been having the urge to create more random chip-tunes.  I'll find somewhere to upload all my old (old... old old old) music incase anyone wants to hear the random beeps and burps I used to create big_smile

Last edited by oRs (Aug 10, 2012 2:45 pm)

Victory Road wrote:

your avatar scared me because i thought it was static until just now
that is all.

Heidi Montag's essence could never be truly captured in a static avi!

Warwickshire, UK

A proper English Hello to you all,

I used to be in the Commodore Amiga demoscene with the handle TDK, and wrote a load of tunes for the likes of Anthrox and Melon Dezign. The chippies seem to become rather popular, and last year I decided to bring TDK out of retirement to work on a Chiptune album. It seems that I'll likely write a few.

The sound of the chip-scene has changed quite a bit over the years, but you can't flog a dead horse so I'm planning to carry on writing in the style I'm used to, but using a few more modern production techniques.

I'm using Cubase on PC, Melon-tracker (a rebrand of Protracker) on the Amiga, Cynthcart and Mssiah on C64, SIDStation, MIDINes and at some point a sammichsid (when I can build it) plus I Kickstarted the Retrocade Synth which should be with me later this year.

http://www.flitkillsmoths.co.uk will take you to my Facebook page, where I post tasters of what I'm up to when I have the time, balancing work with home etc.

I'm a sound designer by trade, working on Racing games for Codemasters, and a semi-pro electric violinist,

tt4n,

Mark.

Maine

Hello!
I am TheBronyChip. (don't be scarred I'm not here to spam ponies everywhere)
I come here to discuss chiptune music hardware and modding! I have been making music for around 2 years now but it wasn't until recently that i started getting into chiptune music. right now i write all my chiptunes on my psp and record through a 3.5mm to my laptop. i have two gbc's and a dmg-01 i hope to mod soon (pics when it happens ^.^) and for when I'm not doing chiptune i write techno jams with fl studio 10. well i hope to become a good part of this community as from what I'm seeing right now it looks awesome!
-TBC

New York

welcome. we had a bad experience on the site with a brony a while back (Lazare), but some of my best friends irl are bronies, so i won't hold your tv preferences against you.

WALCOME to the chipmusics

Maine

Thanks! ^.^ in my experience not 100% of the brony's are what people try to make them out to be you just gotta sort through them and see for yourself.

Oh lazare

california

Hey everyone!
I've noodled around with chiptunesque sounds for a bit, and at the moment I create some non-chip sounds using renoise, and I'm totes diggin' the scene. (I have some stuff up at http://soundcloud.com/myriadviolets for those who are interested)
My current project is ~hopefully~ building an arduinoboy for use in my live band; I'm kind of learning the whole circuitry thing as I go, but y'know, it's fun.

Anyways, seems like a great community here!
Pleased to meet you all.

Savannah, Georgia
TheBronyChip wrote:

Hello!
I am TheBronyChip. (don't be scarred I'm not here to spam ponies everywhere)

i like this guy already.