CHIPTUNE

I think that this release is incredibly refreshing. Old amiga crack intro mystics + UK hardcore + techno + IDM. Made by Omri Suleiman, who made chipmusic before all of us. Except you perhaps, Matt. smile

dl/stream: http://chipflip.org/05

more info: http://chipflip.wordpress.com/2012/08/2 … ar-old-me/

So I actually see a new kind of future with this release. Doooo you know what I mean?

Hot PETSCII interface designed by Raquel Meyers and me, btw.

Last edited by goto80 (Aug 28, 2012 11:43 am)

Fantastic, been listening to this for a few weeks.  Yeah, welcome back Om!

Chicago IL

but i thought the future of chipmusic was posing with gameboys and making four on the floor

uhajdafdfdfa

i liked the music although i didn't expect to from the description (crack intro music and uk hardcore are not my favourite things) it was more intelligent than just m*kt*n* with FL studio club kick or amen break or whatever

so some people may feel let down for the description. but for me it just lowered my expectations and increased my pleasent surprise at the music

or whatever

Detroit, Michigan
Saskrotch wrote:

but i thought the future of chipmusic was posing with gameboys and making four on the floor

That's what gets all the ladies

UK

Hadn't heard of Omri Suleiman till now, interesting site design and music.

I think it's like any form of music, where it's popularity rises and decreases you see some who temporarily engage with a scene or those who have been involved for longer. Regardless, it could be down to the users own creativity and approach that makes the music limited or limitless.

Last edited by CS (Aug 28, 2012 2:11 pm)

Geneva, NY

A+

Brooklon

fux this is good. Thanks for the heads up!

Geneva, NY

Oh man, just got to wHEEY SOLO.... 10000% stunning stuff! Can't wait to roll down the car windows and roll down the street bumping that one!

shanghai

3 words : absolutely fucking wicked

ps - dope site design too.

thanks for the heads up on this

Austin, Texas

This is really good, and a refreshing step away from the bandcampyness of current affairs.

UK

brill heart

Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Great! I recall Warp records had some kind of 'microsites' to go with some releases. Featuring animation etc.
Totally agree this is way more appropriate than the 'dump' sites with some custom css/graphics.

(would love to do some myself smile

Unsubscribe

I was hoping for a nude future for chipmusic.

Abandoned on Fire

Pretty neat music, the presentation is a nice change of pace for sure.

Cambridge UK
herr_prof wrote:

I was hoping for a nude future for chipmusic.

it's already been done and not sure if I want a future of chipmusic made of nakedness...