Jersey City, NJ

I've been using Cooledit for about 15 years, we have grown very close.
I use Reason when playing live for midi drums.

Ableton

Maine

I've been using FLS for my entire time I've been doing music and i love it!
other softwares/hardwares i use when recording
AT2020
MIDI keyboard
Voccodex
iZotope nectar
bitspeak(amazing 8-bit sounding vocal processor i highly recommend checking it out if you like adding vocals to you music)

Abandoned on Fire

Reaper and Audacity.  Both work just like I want them to.  I got a free version of WaveLab with some online purchase but I've never done anything except open it up and say "NOPE!" lol

Using Linux + JACK, so it's produce/compose with Renoise, record with Qjackrcd, edit with Audacity.

New Albany Indiana
MegaMantra wrote:

Using Linux + JACK, so it's produce/compose with Renoise, record with Qjackrcd, edit with Audacity.

..LInux?

Bit wish wrote:
MegaMantra wrote:

..LInux?

Obviously I don't do the actual recording with the linux kernel smile

Madison, Alabama

I believe that most programs have what it takes to record badass songs..
It really just depends on the individual's experience and dedication to said program.
I've been using Cool Edit for several years now.. and even though I've experimented with others since,
it's still my personal favorite.

Manchester, England

Wavepad Sound Editor. I'm really surprised I haven't read or seen more commercial reviews about it, Wavepad is so good and it's the easiest to torrent so you can have it all at your fingertips for a fixed price of just £99.PutYourMoneyAway.

When I feed some stuff through the laptop, I sometimes records chains or samples on Renoise but that's about it (because I haven't found a torrent for 2.8 yet, so call the police if you must... maybe they can help search)

Last edited by Skin Walker (Aug 29, 2012 5:50 pm)

New Albany Indiana

I use renoise, audacity, and since different gameboys tend to have there own sounds i use booth a gba and dmg. and korg for ds.

After I have a sequence laid out in lsdj or piggy, I usually bounce individual channels into Ableton for mixing and whatever other processing. That's pretty much it.

cubase at my house.  i think audacity is pretty good.  it might be the input device that's the problem.  you might also want to put your sound through an external mixer before the computer too.  cubase 6 educational is ~$70.

washington

I just upgraded to Cubase LE, the 2004 version big_smile It's got a weird layout, way different than Audacity. I only made the change because Audacity's reverb is complete garbage. If you record dry, Audacity is perfect. smile

That's right, I forgot to mention that go through a behringer mixer first. Preamps make a huge difference when you're recording.

NC in the US of America
basspuddle wrote:

I just upgraded to Cubase LE, the 2004 version big_smile It's got a weird layout, way different than Audacity. I only made the change because Audacity's reverb is complete garbage. If you record dry, Audacity is perfect. smile

You should try downloading the LADSPA effects library. I don't know much about reverbs, but I know that the one included in that pack is easier to get good results than GVERB.

washington
SketchMan3 wrote:

You should try downloading the LADSPA effects library. I don't know much about reverbs, but I know that the one included in that pack is easier to get good results than GVERB.

Thanks bro smile