Austria

small update on my mega man dmg:

meeting the family

Last edited by RyuX (Sep 10, 2012 2:47 pm)

Madriz, Supain
Timbob wrote:

A set of DMG's I did for a buddy.

Two transparent cases painted from the inside in a nice 80's gradient colour style thing.
Matching schemes and everything. the blue/magenta one might get green buttons, but that's up to him tongue

with matching EMS carts of course.
and backlight + pro-sound.

Both screens also have a custom Data loss logo behind the pixels. It's best seen when the nintendo logo comes on. Photo's are a bit fuzzy tho.
In lsdj, it's more on the background.

Wait, WAT?

This is osm mate, osm. I would try it on my own clearboy but I suck at electronics so dont get surprised if I ask you about commisions pricing on private.. teehee

SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:
Timbob wrote:

A set of DMG's I did for a buddy.

Two transparent cases painted from the inside in a nice 80's gradient colour style thing.
Matching schemes and everything. the blue/magenta one might get green buttons, but that's up to him tongue

with matching EMS carts of course.
and backlight + pro-sound.

Both screens also have a custom Data loss logo behind the pixels. It's best seen when the nintendo logo comes on. Photo's are a bit fuzzy tho.
In lsdj, it's more on the background.

Wait, WAT?

This is osm mate, osm. I would try it on my own clearboy but I suck at electronics so dont get surprised if I ask you about commisions pricing on private.. teehee

big_smile
Thanks man.
And I'd be glad to help you with that.

Austria

i finally finished the green lantern dmg, have a look:

washington
RyuX wrote:

i think i'm in love! big_smile

Austria

hehe.. nice to see someone likes the green lantern dmg..

but a new day is also a new project.. and i decided to use some parts that are just layin' around i have no use for anymore, to reincarnate a broken dead dmg.

this is what came out:

Gorinchem, The Netherlands

Some photos of the DMG that I recently finished:

List of features:

• Black PiL case spliced with clearboy case (sanded on the inside), caselit with orange LEDs.

• Handcast backlit buttons (orange SMD LEDs), opaque milky white colour when not activated.

• Translucent S&S buttons (Kitsch), outfitted with same LEDs as D-pad and face buttons.

• RGB backlight (Nonfinite) hardwired to exact matching colour for the other LEDs used.

• Biverted Pocket screen transplanted to DMG daughterboard (courtesy of NeX).

• Cell phone mirror layer between backlight and polarizing filter, makes screen visible in sunlight again.(Slipped it in even though NeX told me to be careful. XD

• Half-clock mod (two crystals on a SPDT switch, pretty stable).

• batt_dmg Low power indicator (Kitsch).

• PS/2 Keyboard socket for LSDJ use.

• RCA Prosound.

• PCB Mount 3,5mm Prosound. (Apeshit)

• Black Screen protector. (Apeshit)

• Silver backplate with design mirroring a crop circle from Chilbolton in 2000. (Original model, produced by Shapeways) Electrolysis/sanding was performed to achieve a weathered look.

Location of the PS2 socket.

Toggle switch controls half clock mod, rocker switch controls all LEDs except the backlight.

The LEDS behind the clear part of the case light up your palms quite nicely. smile

The backside when illuminated.

This picture is an attempt to more accurately reflect how the backlit buttons look IRL, because photographing LED light is hard. -_-

Worked on this on and off for quite a while - really enjoy using it so far. smile

Last edited by Nun4t4k (Sep 15, 2012 4:24 am)

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Okay. that's the best looking dmg I've ever seen. Amazing work.

That backplate is beautiful. I've never seen the back of a dmg look so good.

You win.<3

Iowa
RyuX wrote:

hehe.. nice to see someone likes the green lantern dmg..

but a new day is also a new project.. and i decided to use some parts that are just layin' around i have no use for anymore, to reincarnate a broken dead dmg.

this is what came out:

Nun4t4k wrote:

Some photos of the DMG that I recently finished:

List of features:

• Black PiL case spliced with clearboy case (sanded on the inside), caselit with orange LEDs.

• Handcast backlit buttons (orange SMD LEDs), opaque milky white colour when not activated.

• Translucent S&S buttons (Kitsch), outfitted with same LEDs as D-pad and face buttons.

• RGB backlight (Nonfinite) hardwired to exact matching colour for the other LEDs used.

• Biverted Pocket screen transplanted to DMG daughterboard (courtesy of NeX).

• Cell phone mirror layer between backlight and polarizing filter, makes screen visible in sunlight again.(Slipped it in even though NeX told me to be careful. XD

• Half-clock mod (two crystals on a SPDT switch, pretty stable).

• batt_dmg Low power indicator (Kitsch).

• PS/2 Keyboard socket for LSDJ use.

• RCA Prosound.

• PCB Mount 3,5mm Prosound. (Apeshit)

• Black Screen protector. (Apeshit)

• Silver backplate with design mirroring a crop circle from Chilbolton in 2000. (Original model, produced by Shapeways) Electrolysis/sanding was performed to achieve a weathered look.

Location of the PS2 socket.

Toggle switch controls half clock mod, rocker switch controls all LEDs except the backlight.

The LEDS behind the clear part of the case light up your palms quite nicely. smile

This picture is an attempt to more accurately reflect how the backlit buttons look IRL, because photographing LED light is hard. -_-

Worked on this on and off for quite a while - really enjoy using it so far. smile

With all these damn sexy looking Gameboys this thread should be retitled as.... Pimp My Gameboy

matt's mind

thats awesome! 

i love that gameboy.

Austin, Texas

Holy shit, dudes.

Austria

ok.. news from me... the mega man dmg is now fully working and finished.

see my blog for pictures and video:

http://chipmod.blogspot.co.at/2012/09/m … nside.html

Madriz, Supain

RyuX that shit is gorgeous. You guys really make me want a new DMG, and I have enough...

RyuX wrote:

ok.. news from me... the mega man dmg is now fully working and finished.

Dude, seriously though, using a single 1/8" jack for a more basic Midi connection is genius. Simplistic, and fantastic. Definitely going to do this for my next DMG.

Philadelphia
Nun4t4k wrote:

Yeah, okay this is fantastic.

Puerto Rico

Eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy sexy gameboy!