Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

there are plenty of women in the chip scene, just the other day I saw one.

Btw you already said that pixls.

Edit: ok damn got sniped by even more derailing, fuck this

Last edited by an0va (Sep 20, 2012 6:32 pm)

Playboy Man-Baby

Nuke the thread, guise.

Unsubscribe

YOU CANT CENSOR THIS GROWING MOVMEMENTNS

Brunswick, GA USA
Invisible Robot Hands wrote:

Nuke the thread, guise.

That means a new thread will need to be started when/if there is more news. If that's what it takes, so be it...

Orange County, CA
AndrewKilpatrick wrote:

there are plenty of women in the chip scene, just the other day I saw one.

How did this even get on here

space, outer

oh lawdy. what have i done?

Philly, PA, USA
an0va wrote:

Btw you already said that pixls.

Edit: ok damn got sniped by even more derailing, fuck this

Also I meant as in like now not even remotely intelligible, but before it was just weird.

mickey the mouse was originally created by Agustin Tosco the anrchist

It might be more of an issue if that app wasn't completely free to download. However, technically (and I could be wrong here) isn't this app free, and therefore making no profit?

Also as someone else pointed out, how else would you expect a Disney Pixel app to sound if you wanted it to sound happy and be "popular with kids today"? I do agree that a proper nod to the inspiration should be given at least with it being that close. It's just common courtesy. Still, this can be used to further Anamanaguchi's popularity. Think about it. "We are so well known that even Disney wants to sound like us, here's the proof." That's a pretty big name to throw around. Even so, as others have pointed out if they can prove a point and get Disney to settle? These guys might be set for life. Just sayin'. If we look at the bigger picture here, there is a chance this could unintentionally be the best thing to happen to them.

Let's just see what happens. Wouldn't it be hilarious if this thing backfired and Anamanguchi got rich? Next thing you know they are a "sellout" working for Disney and now everybody hates them. Oh internet, what a tangled web we weave.

Orange County, CA
Jredd wrote:

It might be more of an issue if that app wasn't completely free to download. However, technically (and I could be wrong here) isn't this app free, and therefore making no profit?

Also as someone else pointed out, how else would you expect a Disney Pixel app to sound if you wanted it to sound happy and be "popular with kids today"? I do agree that a proper nod to the inspiration should be given at least with it being that close. It's just common courtesy. Still, this can be used to further Anamanaguchi's popularity. Think about it. "We are so well known that even Disney wants to sound like us, here's the proof." That's a pretty big name to throw around. Even so, as others have pointed out if they can prove a point and get Disney to settle? These guys might be set for life. Just sayin'. If we look at the bigger picture here, there is a chance this could unintentionally be the best thing to happen to them.

Let's just see what happens. Wouldn't it be hilarious if this thing backfired and Anamanguchi got rich? Next thing you know they are a "sellout" working for Disney and now everybody hates them. Oh internet, what a tangled web we weave.

I think everyone's talking about how it sounds like a very specific song "Jet Pack Blues" and by like I mean composition, leads, riffs just in a diff key

Last edited by Dr Treble (Sep 20, 2012 11:14 pm)

I know that much, but Disney is offering the thing for free anyway. It would've been nice to give a nod to the source material, but the thing is they aren't actually making profit off it if I understand it correctly. I don't think they have a case unless it's raking in the dough for Disney. Offering something for free means no profit, therefore no royalties. However, I am routing for them. If they can somehow make a big stink over this and get something out of it I say go for it.

No royalties and commercial usage still can infringe upon owner's copyright though, and possibly still merits a case.

However, IMO, you have a better chance of conducting your own Mars landing from your backyard than successfully suing Disney. Even if you have a completely legitimate case, the organization has a reputation for not playing very fair and using every loophole they can afford-which at their rate, is basically limitless. I'm not defending their actions by any means but seriously, they even get out of things like theme-park related casualties on the regular.

Brunswick, GA USA
Jredd wrote:

Offering something for free means no profit, therefore no royalties.

By letter of law this is not correct. If they had used the real song they could be paid through YouTube's sync agreement. If the spot is televised the sync use must be licensed and iirc is not statutory (that is, the author sets the pay rate; as the tweet said, they probably would've allowed it for less than having some guy copy it...) The "we didn't make money" thing really only applies to mechanical rights collected and kept by record companies based on poor physical sales.

The issue that would be at hand in court is, will a judge believe that the Disney piece is Jetpack Blues, or are Disney afraid enough of a judge determining that to settle? We won't get an answer to that anytime soon.

Last edited by chunter (Sep 21, 2012 12:31 am)

killadelphia

i haven't done a comparison but - its not illegal to rip off chords, drum beats, or basslines (ie. things that accompany the main melody).  when you copyright a song (this happens by law when you create it) you are really copyrighting the melody.

someone tried to copyright the jazz ride cymbal swing pattern way back in the day... didn't go too well and some laws came from it.

sound recordings are a different story.  if they even touched the actual recording then wow they are totally fucked.
if they used the actual anamanaguchi melody then they are fucked and should be sued to oblivion.

however if they took a gooch song, replayed the parts (with hired studio musicians) and wrote a new melody overtop - that would be ok.  As long as you can prove that the melody on top has enough variation from the original "copied" piece and that none of the accompaniment parts are at all the main melody.

that was the problem with vanilla ice - queen proved that the bassline was the actual melody at one point in the song and hence all money went back to queen for that song.  pretty awesome in my opinion.

i guess i should listen now.

i know this because i gank chords and beats too.

Last edited by animalstyle (Sep 21, 2012 3:22 am)

Brunswick, GA USA

I think ice sampled Deacon's bass and the recorded finger snaps too. There is an interview where he claims one retrigger makes it different.