UK

flipping fab big_smile just in case peeps need a guide (it's really simple to make NROM carts) I did a super quick guide on popping it on a cart here:
http://hackitup.tumblr.com/post/3211650 … -on-a-real

\o_

Last edited by ne7 (Sep 23, 2012 1:05 pm)

Canada

Gonna try this out asap, it looks pretty nifty. With that said, I have the utmost respect for anyone with the gall to even touch asm, so my hat's off to you.

WOW MAN!
Kramlack wrote:

Gonna try this out asap, it looks pretty nifty. With that said, I have the utmost respect for anyone with the gall to even touch asm, so my hat's off to you.

ASM? I've been doing it a while big_smile

WOW MAN!

V1.1

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5493868/SMMM1-1.zip

Version 1.1
-----------
+ Added random arpeggios on the two Square voices. Tricky one as it seems to
be a mess most of the time. Makes interesting noises when the FM mod is on
though. SMMMM attempts to keep the arpeggios 'in scale' but it works less
than more.

+ If you hold down a combination of button on the control pad when the
NES is booting, the starting parameters will be randomised differently.

+ You can now hold the currently playing pattern on any voice:

Hold [UP] and tap B, A, SELECT or START to hold the current pattern

This is a toggle control like muting individual voices. When a Pattern is
HELD, a 'h' will appear next to the voice icon. When a Pattern is in RANDOM
mode, a 'r' will appear next to the icon. The random number of repeats
(2,4,8 or 16) of a playing pattern is still counting even in HOLD mode
so even if you toggle a Pattern back to RANDOM it might not change
immediately.

+ added an extra visualiser pattern

thanks bud

Milwaukee, WI

I threw this on a cart using ne7's guide and it works perfectly until I power on a second time, at which point the screen becomes garbled and has a dark green color over everything. it goes away after waiting 4-5 minutes, powered off.

I used a 27c256 eprom for the CHR file, which I repeated until it fit. I'm assuming this would be the reason, seeing as how the program still functions. Can anyone confirm this? I did not use a 27c64 eprom as suggested. fwiw I'm using NROM-256 and not NROM-128

Last edited by TSC (Oct 21, 2012 5:35 am)

Milwaukee, WI

Ok, so it must be the eprom. I tried a little experiment where I run a screwdriver across all the pins of the CHR eprom when powered off and it boots fine every time afterward. It's almost as though it's discharging something on one of the pins. Weird.

**edit** - it's doing the same with no carrier's lickshot. Eproms too fast?

Last edited by TSC (Oct 21, 2012 4:51 am)

Jelly Stone park, MD USA

Just dug out my NES and set it up to test the SMMM cart I finished yesterday. YEA! IT WORKS!! Spent the afternoon learning/making noise wink )
Used a Tennis Cart, NES-NROM-128, a 27c256 & 2764. Take Note: I used sockets on both so they are a little taller then the top of the cart shell. Not much but it hangs up a little on the top part of the 'Cart loading frame'. not a biggie, but got to be a little careful sliding it in an out.
  Aside from my console's gamey cart connector (had to tear it down and clean/tweak the pins) works like a champ, except an odd glitch. When I tap UP, some times the overdrive doesn't seem to work but the audio get very overdriven (may be the way it's suppose to) AND the video starts loosing sync and  goes B/W. Tapping again (or is it DOWN) goes back to normal (well if you can call these beats "Normal" smile
All an all, great fun, THANKS! neilbalwin for your gr8 code and !RESPECT! na7; you da man.

WOW MAN!

The 'overdrive' is very dependent of what's playing and yes it is supposed to mess up the graphics big_smile

Nice to hear a success story with carts, beginning to think that nobody (else apart from NE7) was going to get one working.

Jelly Stone park, MD USA

=> TSC I see the same effect; power off then on = green monotone GFX, but wait a while everything OK. I think you'r right with you EPROM assumptions, could be a capacitive bus load diff between mask ROMs and Eproms. May be a bleed resistor across Vcc and Ground on the cart will help but not sure if that will help with the bus lines.
=> Neil, OK. This is an old console so wasn't quite sure if it was the hardware or what. Had to spend time messing with the dreaded connector ( will have to buy a new one soon), so it startled me; thought all the magic was draining out. You got me!!  :0
Just love turning it on and letting it run in the back ground smile

WOW MAN!

smile

Glad you're having fun with it. I'd like to add more to it at some point if I have some free time.

Unsubscribe

I complete missed this, and recorded a jam I made with it today:

https://soundcloud.com/peterswimm/swmm

Jelly Stone park, MD USA
herr_prof wrote:

I complete missed this, and recorded a jam I made with it today:

https://soundcloud.com/peterswimm/swmm

Liken it! Cool noise action. What FX are you applying? really mangles and twists it.
Have you checked out droNES?
Yogi

Tacoma WA

shit...

i want this

Unsubscribe

I used the live amp plugin, grain delay and a regular delay.