Robotcity, the year 20XX

Ok, so I am a complete moron when it comes to electronic music making. I have a fairly simple question (I think) but I cannot find the answer.

What I want is:

- make music on my DMG
- make drums in Ableton
- sync them together live (so dmg and ableton are running together)
- I want to do this in a continuous mix (so two DMGs and a lot of ableton patterns to trigger)
- So, I want the music not to stop! And I want two DMGs running sync with ableton
- Plus, I want to be able to trigger stuff in ableton via a midi controller while stuff runs still sync.

Is this possible? What do I need?

Dunno about doing a continuous mix, but this comment applies to almost all problems in life:

"yo you can do that with arduino"

but for reals, you need an arduino boy to essentially make the gameboy a MIDI device and BAM-DMG and ableton are synced.

btw got ur e-mail wink

shanghai

you need an arduinoboy....... thats it.

lots of ideas on this thread

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/8481/ … ive-setup/

ps google is your friend. si is NEX tongue

Chicago IL

the thing is

a) i think arduino wouldn't be great for syncing multiple gameboys, unless you can use the 4 way adaptor with it, which i haven't tried.
b) you'll have to edit the arduino code to be able to do use it in a continuous mix situation. the way it's set up as far as syncing with LSDJ is that i needs a start signal from ableton to sync up with it.

shanghai

cant use just use 2 gameboys and a sepearte arduino boy for each to recieve clock from ableton ? i means thats a sure fire way to do it. im sure there's someway you can sync more than one GB from an arduinoboy, im sure i read that somewhere. that would be pretty fun.

rochester, ny
Saskrotch wrote:

the thing is

a) i think arduino wouldn't be great for syncing multiple gameboys, unless you can use the 4 way adaptor with it, which i haven't tried.

you have to do additional modification to get the four player to work with the arduinoboy. i just figured it all out recently.

Earth

Get a good sound card. Maybe it's obvious but for a live situation the less latency the better.

Robotcity, the year 20XX
nickmaynard wrote:
Saskrotch wrote:

the thing is

you have to do additional modification to get the four player to work with the arduinoboy. i just figured it all out recently.

Are you willing to sell these beauties? I need one big_smile

Robotcity, the year 20XX
an0va wrote:

btw got ur e-mail wink

Believe it or not mister Davis, but a mail is incoming asap! Uploading files as we speak.

Philly, PA, USA

Honestly I would just recomment recording the gameboy into ableton and making a live set all in ableton with the recordings and with those drums, I would just be a bit easier maybe?

Also, you could do non-LSDJ stuff and use an arduinoboy or one of the nanoloop adaptors with mGB and write all in ableton, and then use DMGs for live audio?

Last edited by pixls (Sep 25, 2012 7:05 pm)

Jonge, dat zeg ik toch al de hele tijd. tongue

arduinoboy.
of die USB dingen van nanoloop, moet het ook mee lukken.

(in english, to be less rude)

In theory, you could do it with just those nanoloop usb connectors, since al you really need is a clock signal and you're golden.
maybe an extra DMG-07 to split the signal multiple ways, or just an extra nano-usb connector..

Last edited by Timbob (Sep 25, 2012 7:17 pm)

Detroit, Michigan
Timbob wrote:

arduinoboy.

snesei wrote:
Timbob wrote:

arduinoboy.

This man understands.

rochester, ny
Men of Mega wrote:

definitely! $20 + $2 for shipping? email me at [email protected]

Men of Mega wrote:
an0va wrote:

btw got ur e-mail wink

Believe it or not mister Davis, but a mail is incoming asap! Uploading files as we speak.

Sydney, NSW
nickmaynard wrote:
Men of Mega wrote:

definitely! $20 + $2 for shipping? email me at [email protected]

Hohhhhhh buddy. Expect an email from me soon!!