Carbondale, IL
Rei Yano wrote:

crap. how many are left? I cannot buy one just yet since my vehicle needs work but after that if I have enough left I would like to snag one.... fuckin subscribe button DOES NOT WORK at 8bc.....

I still have 8 more to build.  I recommend subscribing to this post as well, as I'll be using it to announce more stuff for sale, hopefully not just ArduinoBoys.

California
scienceguy8 wrote:
Rei Yano wrote:

crap. how many are left? I cannot buy one just yet since my vehicle needs work but after that if I have enough left I would like to snag one.... fuckin subscribe button DOES NOT WORK at 8bc.....

I still have 8 more to build.  I recommend subscribing to this post as well, as I'll be using it to announce more stuff for sale, hopefully not just ArduinoBoys.

like stuff that can interface with the gameboy?

Carbondale, IL

I'm not quite sure yet, really.  I want to make something myself, but not being a chip musician, I don't really know what you guys really want or need.  I did find this open-source MIDI sequencer that may be useful.

nz

Here are some ideas that could be interesting:

-Dissect old microprocessor based keyboards to figure out their sound chips and commands.  For example, I have one that uses a YM2163 but it's hard to find datasheets for it.  Or if there's a standard way to send address/data commands on keyboards sell a device that can send custom commands in the proper format.  Like an "old keyboard posession machine" heh.

-Or take more accessible sound chips(ym2149) and make interfaces with a ZIF socket so you can pop in the chip and make it do things with pots and switches. 

-Maybe find a use for old microprocessors, I've got some old 8032 and z80 that would be cool to make use of.  I currently just blast random bits into an 8032, sum the outputs and listen to it through an amp.

Anyway, just some ideas.

EDIT  here's another idea:

-Do a device that makes salvaged matrix style button setup easy to use.  For example I ripped out the control panel of an old music keyboard and it has a numberkeybad and some buttons for selecting voices, etc, using matrix setups.  It would be cool to repurpose those somehow as a HID or MIDI device.
examples :
here

EDIT2
Speaking of which, it would be great to take any music keyboard with that matrix setup, connect the 16 wires into something and turn it into a midi controller. wowza.

Last edited by droffset (Feb 23, 2010 8:58 pm)

California
scienceguy8 wrote:

I'm not quite sure yet, really.  I want to make something myself, but not being a chip musician, I don't really know what you guys really want or need.  I did find this open-source MIDI sequencer that may be useful.

midi sequencer sounds awesome.

Santiago, Chile

gone in four days? damn...
hope you're doing some more

Geneva, NY
Rei Yano wrote:

fuckin subscribe button DOES NOT WORK at 8bc.....

YES IT DOES.  I just got an email saying someone replied to my I, Cactus release thread.

Anyhow... I've said this once and I'll say it again: $50 arduinoboy is a MEGADEAL!

☺☺☺

ok, got the package in the mail today, had to trial and error which midi port was which

Last edited by Emar (Feb 25, 2010 9:36 pm)

Carbondale, IL

1: Status
2: LSDJ Slave Sync Mode/mGB Channel 1
3: LSDJ Master Sync Mode/mGB Channel 2
4: LSDJ Keyboard Sync Mode/mGB Channel 3
5: Nanoloop Slave Sync Mode/mGB Channel 4
6: mGB Mode

☺☺☺

ok awesome, clears things up!

still having trouble syncing with lsdj as master, the arduino blinks the tempo/step but nothing seems to respond on the midi end

still fiddling, every other function works very well! smile

Carbondale, IL

The international orders have been shipped.  With any luck, they should arrive sometime next week.  Sorry about the wait.  This past week had very little personal time.

Also, the fellow from Amherst, Massachusetts still needs to get into contact with me about his address.  If that is you, please email me at [email protected].

Roanoke, VA

Jumping in here to note my interest when the next batch comes around.

Pennsylvania, USA

I'm gonna go ahead and join up  with orgwell on this; really  looking forward to the next batch.

Oakland, CA

I third the request for the next batch ^_^d

St. Louis

I'll go ahead and fourth that!  8-)

Italy

fifth?