Austin, Texas

That might be a bluff, but I don't know enough about the situation with Jose Torres' attempts to trademark 8bc to really make any kind of informed statement on the matter.

shanghai

i saw one of them 'rapper' has wrote this on the youtube video

"Serious credit to Sabrepulse is due. I hadn't heard the original track "Arcaine" until literally 5 minutes ago (+ im sorry it took me this long to hear him, he's really fuckin good + seems to be known as a pioneer). I apologize + would like to do whatever necessary to fix the situation. Mod Sun."

MODSUN 3 hours ago 2

its entirely possible, the rappers probably didnt have a clue. who ever made the beat probably didnt tell them he stole the entire hook and break from Sabrepulse's song.
I would agree they ripped a great deal of Sabrepulse's tune. I mean they couldnt even try to deny that. funny thing is they had contacted him they could have done it properly. its obvious they didnt have stems etc cos it sounds like a shitty bootleg mashup where they've mixed the full tune with their beat.
i dont know who Riff Raff are but it appears mr Pulse could get some dosh out of this one.
aI dont think they are gonna try and deny it, they should just credit him, hook him so money and be done with it.
are these cunts really affiliated with Mad decent ? thats suprising. mad decent release some turd sure, but this is like something from saturday night live. its hilarious, that tattoo'ed guy looks like an outcast from blink 182 trying to be black haha
mostly if i was sabrepulse i would be most offended by the shit quality of it, when as he said , if they'd asked he'd probably have given them the sample and it wouldnt sound like dogshit production wise.

Last edited by Downstate (Oct 31, 2012 9:59 am)

Gosford, Australia

FWIW i'm glad this community can get through this sort of thing without burning bridges - every time this happens to someone from newgrounds (xKore mainly) people spam and generally go ape. always gobsmacked by the mature and polite attitude of chip artists :>

SMELLBOURNE BOSSTRALIA

Basically what needs to be done is have Sabrepulse produce the next Riff Raff track.

RAP GAME ASHLEY CHARLES

England

You guys are just mad that white people are rapping over your favorite artist's sample because you guys think rapping is bad since it comes from black culture. this is the divide between white people.....those that accept black culture and those that don't

England

i love youtube comments

Brunswick, GA USA
µB wrote:
nitro2k01 wrote:

Sabrepulse has a thing or two to learn from Jose Torres. "Polite but to the point". (Addition: In case itwasn't clear, the conversation in the image took place about a week ago, as far as I'm aware.)

Hmm, I have a question. As far as I remember, there are multiple compilations with 8bc/8bitcollective in the name around. How is that handled legally? As I understand it, most predate the registration of 8bitcollective as a trademark, so if I contributed to/curated one that should be no problem since you can't extend copyright claims to the past. However, I guess continued distribution would be a problem?

A trademark claim and a copyright claim do not work the same way- a trademark is in effect for as long as its owner is exploiting it, so unless Jose has another 8BC business out there, his trademark is stone dead. Trademarks are also limited geographically so the different "AAAA Carpets" places in different Towns can't sue each other.

NC in the US of America
Downstate wrote:

"Serious credit to Sabrepulse is due. I hadn't heard the original track "Arcaine" until literally 5 minutes ago (+ im sorry it took me this long to hear him, he's really fuckin good + seems to be known as a pioneer). I apologize + would like to do whatever necessary to fix the situation. Mod Sun."

MODSUN 3 hours ago 2

Ah. We forget that rappers don't make their own beats.

Unsubscribe
µB wrote:

Hmm, I have a question. As far as I remember, there are multiple compilations with 8bc/8bitcollective in the name around. How is that handled legally? As I understand it, most predate the registration of 8bitcollective as a trademark, so if I contributed to/curated one that should be no problem since you can't extend copyright claims to the past. However, I guess continued distribution would be a problem?

Had I had the comp on my own site I would agree and ignore, but I just changed the name as I didnt want the FMA to get into any hassle because of some internet guy with a rich lawyer dad.

Orange County, CA
SketchMan3 wrote:
Downstate wrote:

MODSUN 3 hours ago 2

Ah. We forget that rappers don't make their own beats.

Lol, I'm really wondering who made the track for them in this case

Austin, Texas

Does Timbaland produce for Mad Decent now? roll

Unsubscribe
Telerophon wrote:

Does Timbaland produce for Mad Decent now? roll

That would fit his current career arc.

Melbtown, Lolstralia

he works for MEXICO so is pretty big deal

I'm Sorry

I'll stop now

TSSBAY01

chirpturn

Iowa

It says on the soundcloud for the song that the song was "produced" by Sunny Norway, so he is the one who should be getting most of the hate, considering he used Sabrepulse's song, the rappers didn't produce it.

Last edited by DangerCaptainDanger (Nov 2, 2012 5:03 am)

D D D Detroit, not the burbs
DangerCaptainDanger wrote:

It says on the soundcloud for the song that the song was "produced" by Sunny Norway, so is the one who should be getting most of the hate, considering he used Sabrepulse's song, the rappers didn't produce it.

This is established.  I guess at this point the damage is done.  Though maybe something can be learned from all of this.  As im getting into sound engineering myself this could be a good learning platform in the steps necessary to mixing and producing.