Canada
nitro2k01 wrote:

Some cables are "charge only" cables. These skimp out on the two wires used for communication. Can you use this cable to connect to the Blackberry from the PC? (or Mac tongue ) If so, it should derp along just fine. The cartridge should work under OSX just fine.

Is there specific brand you'd recommend? Or is it a matter of trying/buying different cables and hope one will work?

Last edited by Jansaw (Nov 12, 2012 10:19 pm)

Unsubscribe

most cables should work, its the charging only ones that are rare.

Canada

Ya I think the cart's defective. Tried a few different cables/OSs to no avail.

Sweeeeeeden

Yeah, they're probably pretty rare, except on cheap stores like DX. Point is, if it says it's a charge only cable, avoid it.

SYDNERDIA
Jansaw wrote:

Ya I think the cart's defective. Tried a few different cables/OSs to no avail.

Check yr mail smile

Canada

Great support.
+1

Last edited by Jansaw (Nov 20, 2012 6:16 am)

New Orleans, Louisiana

Mine has started to act up again like in the beginning. It's trying to find drivers for some reason.. I tried different ports and a different cable. It was all working fine before =/

vancouver, canada

i noticed some intermittent peculiar behaviour with my DnD this morning.  For about a week, i hadn't used it because i was busy writing using BGB on my PC in the meantime.  when i decided to migrate my SAV to the DnD,  the SAV on the cart at first would refuse to get overwritten.  after about 6 tries though, i managed to get it to work.

theories?  is there any chance that the FRAM, or some other component of the cart, needs "warming up" first?

Unsubscribe

I had that problem with one of my carts as well, but a reboot of the computer fixed it. Was not clear if it was the cart or pilot error.

SYDNERDIA
bryface wrote:

i noticed some intermittent peculiar behaviour with my DnD this morning.  For about a week, i hadn't used it because i was busy writing using BGB on my PC in the meantime.  when i decided to migrate my SAV to the DnD,  the SAV on the cart at first would refuse to get overwritten.  after about 6 tries though, i managed to get it to work.

are you deleting the "files" on the cart before copying the new savs on? you don't need to do that, as they aren't real files (which the instructions perhaps don't make as clear as they should). deleting the existing "files" is known to cause issues on some versions of windows.

vancouver, canada
abrasive wrote:
bryface wrote:

are you deleting the "files" on the cart before copying the new savs on? you don't need to do that, as they aren't real files (which the instructions perhaps don't make as clear as they should). deleting the existing "files" is known to cause issues on some versions of windows.

i tried a number of different methods including what you described, but i'm afraid i can't recall exactly what each attempt consisted of.  i'll keep an eye out for that in the future though, thanks.

is that fixable through firmware?

Last edited by bryface (Nov 27, 2012 12:03 am)

SYDNERDIA
bryface wrote:

is that fixable through firmware?

i'll certainly fix it if i can reproduce it. it'll be at least a month though - i'm unspeakably busy for about that long.

Last edited by abrasive (Nov 27, 2012 12:09 am)

vancouver, canada

no rush, no worries - just wanted to see if it was a known issue or not.  thanks for checking it out!

Chicago

Out of curiosity any eta of second wave of carts?

SYDNERDIA
GoingHam wrote:

Out of curiosity any eta of second wave of carts?

Not yet. I'm close to being able to fork out for the next batch - remember these are funded entirely out of my own pocket smile

Detroit, Michigan
bryface wrote:

theories?  is there any chance that the FRAM, or some other component of the cart, needs "warming up" first?

This is also happening to one of mine, I did try deleting the files (I didn't know I was supposed to just overwrite). What should the .gb and .sav be called on the cart? Does that matter?