The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

I never understood why this thread was in "Nintendo Handhelds".

Little paint job I did on my korg mini kaoss pad while I'm waiting for my microkorg to dry:

Goughy wrote:

Idk can I post this? Whatever.
I was going to customize my dmg with a few things that I get for Christmas. I was thinking of only the buttons and a screen, but the problem I have is how it's going to look. Would a clear screen, clear buttons and clear st/sel buttons look good on a yellow dmg case? This is the only question I have... I'll then post a photo of the final product. No prosound and backlights and stuff cause I can't solder for shit tongue

It would look nice IMO, but you gotta make sure you get rid of all of the residual adhesive left behind by the previous screen cover first!

here is my play-it-loud, pro-sound, backlit dmg! i installed a throw-switch where the original headphone jack was.. it is the new on/off switch.

pic is blurry, but it is just one i originally took with my iphone to show a buddy the throw switch..

Last edited by defPREMIUM (Dec 1, 2012 2:01 am)

Freiburg, Germany

I finally got my package from kitsch and backlit my black PiL with a teal LEDx3. It looks more green than teal, so I matched it with the back of a green PiL. Also threw in blue buttons that I got from kitsch smile

Yeah this is just a sloppy take-what-I-have-lying-around mix and match job but I like the outcome... also yay first backlight mod! (peeling that back polarizer is a bitch)
Now that I know it's not hard I'll plan out my next backlight mod better. Probably biverted, different select and start buttons, matching screen protector... smile

That black/green/blue combo is quite sexy smile
Well done!

Freiburg, Germany
Timbob wrote:

Well done!

Thank you. I was hoping you'd see this actually, because I know you like color.

lastfuture wrote:
Timbob wrote:

Well done!

Thank you. I was hoping you'd see this actually, because I know you like color.

I do indeed tongue

Louisiana

It is very very sexy! Only thing id change if it were
Mine would be the SS and screen. I hate that grey color. Id go with black or orange. I think orange thrown in the mix would look very cool.

Freiburg, Germany
Vex wrote:

It is very very sexy! Only thing id change if it were
Mine would be the SS and screen. I hate that grey color. Id go with black or orange. I think orange thrown in the mix would look very cool.

That's exactly why next time I order I'll get the clear S S and I probably a black screen protector. Orange would be one color too much I think, perhaps hot pink to match the print smile

Louisiana

Yea i think apeshit sells a screen that matches the text. I like color too no such thing as to
Much color lol. I just think orange with green and blue would look badass. It would go together very well in my opinion. That pink would be just as amazing though. smile repost when you get it all finished up. Love to see it

The Wild Wintery North
Toastypinecone wrote:
Goughy wrote:

Idk can I post this? Whatever.
I was going to customize my dmg with a few things that I get for Christmas. I was thinking of only the buttons and a screen, but the problem I have is how it's going to look. Would a clear screen, clear buttons and clear st/sel buttons look good on a yellow dmg case? This is the only question I have... I'll then post a photo of the final product. No prosound and backlights and stuff cause I can't solder for shit tongue

It would look nice IMO, but you gotta make sure you get rid of all of the residual adhesive left behind by the previous screen cover first!

Yeah, I was thinking that. With the clear screen, there's no sticker behind it to cover the residue. Would you recommend just scratching it off with a screwdriver or like a magic sponge or something?

Portland, ME

My black microKorg and "Legend of Zelda" Kaossilator.

radionarcotix wrote:

So fucking sexy

Goughy wrote:
Toastypinecone wrote:

Yeah, I was thinking that. With the clear screen, there's no sticker behind it to cover the residue. Would you recommend just scratching it off with a screwdriver or like a magic sponge or something?

I wouldn't recommend scratching in any way, but I think a magic eraser would work! Or you could try soap and water and fingernails! That worked for me. If that doesn't, you could always scrape it off CAREFULLY with a razor blade.

Goughy wrote:

With the clear screen, there's no sticker behind it to cover the residue. Would you recommend just scratching it off with a screwdriver or like a magic sponge or something?

That's printing, not a sticker!

Magic eraser and certain solvents would be best. Razor blades tend to scratch the plastic a bit, especially if they're dull.

The Wild Wintery North
Apeshit wrote:
Goughy wrote:

With the clear screen, there's no sticker behind it to cover the residue. Would you recommend just scratching it off with a screwdriver or like a magic sponge or something?

That's printing, not a sticker!

Magic eraser and certain solvents would be best. Razor blades tend to scratch the plastic a bit, especially if they're dull.

Ok thanks. Goo-Gone? Could I dab that on to a cloth and just carefully rub the stuff away? If so, then the citrus smells would fit my dmg colour tongue