ad-hell-aide
Aly James wrote:

Seb I would like to reverse the range of some ADSDR parameters on your standalone editor but I am not sure if it will change the midi data output or not witch I do not want...
like changing (0  127)  on the operators volume TL to (127  0). Normally when TL = 127 = attenuation max = volume 0 and so on.., and you probably did some conversion back when importing .tfi format

You obviously make a more human "understandable" rescaling of parameters to 0=min on the adsdr thing but as I cannot test on the hardware yet I am not sure if you reversed others like  for the 0 31, 0 15 AR DR etc..Also SSG is normally 0 to 15 and is 0 to 31 in your standalone.
In the MAX parameter objects I have a range and a mod range column, if I reverse the parameters does it reverse the midi cc too ?  because if it is the case I will not make it , you obviously map the CC on the genmdm firmware like 0 to 127  for example = Register TL 127 to 0

// edit: I cannot reverse the integers they are stuck to 0. to 127. in the param objects..maybe I should add a scale object somewhere..not sure how.

The reason I am asking for this is that I am used to program patches with the original attenuation logic and I am trying to make a VGM to GENMDM patch bank converter and it would be easier if the parameters were on the original range. smile

do not consider changing anything smile just wanted to know it it is easy /safe or not to reverse the range in max. if not I will try to reverse on my vgm2genmdm side.

not to important as we already have .tfi import but it could be nice , I have added .tfi import to the FMDRIVE too between smile

TL is reverse i.e. a TL of 127 is max amplitude instead of max attenuation.

Besides this, all values are the same direction as normal, but scaled to be spread across 0 - 127.

Hope that makes sense!

ad-hell-aide

Batch TFI import for SEGA Genesis sound track instruments to GENMDM patches: http://little-scale.blogspot.com.au/201 … l-for.html

ad-hell-aide

Amazing GenMDM tunes by tappy: http://little-scale.blogspot.com.au/201 … tunes.html

United Kingdom

Hey little-scale,

Any chance you could put all the patches/tools you have made for the GENMDM for the PC on the threads first post?

(So it's a bit easier to navigate rather than trolling through page-by-page). Love your work man!

Matthew Joseph Payne
little-scale wrote:

Amazing GenMDM tunes by tappy: http://little-scale.blogspot.com.au/201 … tunes.html

SO GOOD!

Unsubscribe

Stuff like tappy is what got me excited about chip sounds in the first place.

You can find what looks like most of the tools in this thread easily here:

http://little-scale.blogspot.com.au/sea … 0tutorials

Last edited by herr_prof (Feb 1, 2013 12:53 am)

Nottingham, UK

Ahaha, that first Tappy track is form persona 3! Love that shit.

EDIT: Man, I really need to get my shit together. I can't WAIT to get jamming on this.

EDIT EDIT: 2013 is going to be a great year for chip.

Last edited by ForaBrokenEarth (Feb 1, 2013 1:03 am)

little-scale wrote:

i might have missed them. i can send you a new cart OR i can send you the parts.

which ever you like. my apologies.

No worries, I'll just solder them on myself, I have some here, you're too far away for some bits like that wink
Is it just the 3?
Could you confirm the values please, I think I can see from the photo where they go, but I need to know the orientation of the el.cap. (not El Captitan, the mountain)
smile

ad-hell-aide
SAMWAVE wrote:

Hey little-scale,

Any chance you could put all the patches/tools you have made for the GENMDM for the PC on the threads first post?

(So it's a bit easier to navigate rather than trolling through page-by-page). Love your work man!

update first post. go check it outttt smile

Nottingham, UK

With the front of the board facing you,the negative is to the left, positive is to the right.

I can get a closer photo if you want to confirm.

Last edited by ForaBrokenEarth (Feb 1, 2013 1:08 am)

ad-hell-aide

beat me to it.

values are 0.1uF for the ceramics and 47uf for the electrolytic

ad-hell-aide

its just the three!

ForaBrokenEarth wrote:

With the front of the board facing you,the negative is to the left, positive is to the right.

I can get a closer photo if you want to confirm.

Cheers mate, I trust you smile

little-scale wrote:

beat me to it.

values are 0.1uF for the ceramics and 47uf for the electrolytic

Cheers to you too mate smile

ad-hell-aide

smile

sorry again!

Jelly Stone park, MD USA
little-scale wrote:

update first post. go check it outttt smile

Love to read your blog, but thanks for the index!