kansas city
iNFOTOXIN wrote:

Mine arrived this morning too. big_smile

does this mean the last five from the first round have been delivered?

United Kingdom

Thanks little-scale. You're the dude!

FRANCE
little-scale wrote:
Aly James wrote:

Seb I would like to reverse the range of some ADSDR parameters on your standalone editor but I am not sure if it will change the midi data output or not witch I do not want...
like changing (0  127)  on the operators volume TL to (127  0). Normally when TL = 127 = attenuation max = volume 0 and so on.., and you probably did some conversion back when importing .tfi format

You obviously make a more human "understandable" rescaling of parameters to 0=min on the adsdr thing but as I cannot test on the hardware yet I am not sure if you reversed others like  for the 0 31, 0 15 AR DR etc..Also SSG is normally 0 to 15 and is 0 to 31 in your standalone.
In the MAX parameter objects I have a range and a mod range column, if I reverse the parameters does it reverse the midi cc too ?  because if it is the case I will not make it , you obviously map the CC on the genmdm firmware like 0 to 127  for example = Register TL 127 to 0

// edit: I cannot reverse the integers they are stuck to 0. to 127. in the param objects..maybe I should add a scale object somewhere..not sure how.

The reason I am asking for this is that I am used to program patches with the original attenuation logic and I am trying to make a VGM to GENMDM patch bank converter and it would be easier if the parameters were on the original range. smile

do not consider changing anything smile just wanted to know it it is easy /safe or not to reverse the range in max. if not I will try to reverse on my vgm2genmdm side.

not to important as we already have .tfi import but it could be nice , I have added .tfi import to the FMDRIVE too between smile

TL is reverse i.e. a TL of 127 is max amplitude instead of max attenuation.

Besides this, all values are the same direction as normal, but scaled to be spread across 0 - 127.

Hope that makes sense!

Yep, I managed to reverse TL in your max patch with the [scale 0 127 127 0] object and also removed the [!- 127.] into the tfi patch converter for my presets compatibility...a little tweak on my side for personal use smile , between your match patches are a gold mine to learn from! I managed to make a binary data reader out of your tfi2genmdm...man I love you smile

ad-hell-aide

GenMDM .GENM patch storage file format info: http://little-scale.blogspot.com.au/201 … ument.html

ad-hell-aide
DUNGEONMASTER wrote:
iNFOTOXIN wrote:

Mine arrived this morning too. big_smile

does this mean the last five from the first round have been delivered?

No - you'll get an email when they go out.

ad-hell-aide

M4L Tools updated with TFI folder and TFI file import functions!

http://little-scale.blogspot.com.au/201 … ludes.html

The FM editor for GenMDM M4L Tools has been updated to include TFI import and TFI folder import. A TFI file is an FM instrument file from TFM Music Maker. Each TFI file is a single FM instrument. The "TFI" button imports a single TFI file.

The "TFI F" button imports up to 128  instruments from a folder containing 128 or less TFI files - e.g. a SEGA Genesis / Mega Drive instrument settings dump. These instruments are imported into the patch instrument menu.

Download all SEGA Genesis / Mega Drive TFI instruments with friendly names here: http://little-scale.com/GENMDM/TFI_SEGA … _NAMES.zip . Many thanks to Chipmusic.org user Robugaa for importing and converting these files from the .OPM files (http://chipmusic.org/forums/post/151955/#p151955)

First post updated.

FRANCE
little-scale wrote:

GenMDM .GENM patch storage file format info: http://little-scale.blogspot.com.au/201 … ument.html

Sorry to bother, I need one more detail to be sure smile
SSG is 0 31 in the MAX editors , data range 16 in the midi CC map.txt
extracted from a .tfi file we have 0 7 : disabled  8 to 15 : on/ SSG shape
when I convert a tfi where I got 8 on SSG (enabled / shape 0) I got an 8 too in the editor, so how is this scaled ?
thx

ad-hell-aide

Not scaled! It's a typo, and only should send from 0-15

FRANCE
little-scale wrote:

So here is my little contribution a vgm 2 genm converter...it could be useful if you want to process some vgm's that were not included in tfi packages
or convert some personal vgm instruments...
tested and works fine smile

Give it a try!
The only thing we got to get right is the DEC2 (secondary decay) parameter, I tested both with mine and your tfi 2 genmdm and also directly reading from actual tfi / vgm files.
DEC2 secondary decay ranges from 0 to 31 not 0 15
so if you try to load and instrument that has more than 15 on the secondary decay (say 25) the value will be 15 anyway when loaded to genmdm editors causes differences in the sound.
Check out some of your genm files you should find quite some with more than 15 on DEC2.
Also as 0 15 is actually mapped to 0 127, a 15 on DEC2 correspond to 31 on the hardware and so on...
Whether or not you change the range on the editors or on the tfi/vgm data import will make the problem solved.

I do not know if it makes sense...maybe I do not understand some internal conversion well...you tell me smile

//----------------------------------------------------------------------------

// VGM2GENM v1.0 by Aly James, 02.01.13

//for use with the GENMDM Midi Interface by Little Scale
//based on original vgm Shiru converters code
//small command line tool to convert VGM files to GENMDM Bank Instruments Presets

Simply drag and drop a .vgm file onto vgm2genm.exe
will output a .genm file in the same forder
You can drop many vgm at the same time.

You can also process a whole directory with all sub folders
using this command line with cmd.exe :
vgm2genm.exe [path\\]* to process whole directory with all subdirectories

source included : need Zlib to compile.
Have fun!

AJ.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/58656523/VGM2GENM.rar

eptheca wrote:
yogi wrote:

The panel looks good! Are you using FPD?

No, not for this.
I use a CAD software called Microstation
I have used FPD for the panels I have bought from FPE, or Schaeffer here in Europe, but it gets very expensive
Lately I have laser cut front panels in a black&white engraving acrylic, it has a white core with a thin black top layer

Thanks for that!  a hackspace has just opened nearby and I've been playing with the laser cutter, wanted a nice way to etch panels for my DIY modular synth and what you've described is EXACTLY what I need

analog monster wrote:

Thanks for that!  a hackspace has just opened nearby and I've been playing with the laser cutter, wanted a nice way to etch panels for my DIY modular synth and what you've described is EXACTLY what I need

happy to hear that smile

here's a close up of one of the panels
http://midibox.org/forums/uploads/galle … 918542.jpg

just a link, I think I have been Blowing my own trumpet enough in this thread smile

Jelly Stone park, MD USA

Oh that's sweet; do you engrave these yourself? Ive seen the kiosks in the mall that do name plates, maybe I'll talk to 'em about FPs.
On a side note, lately I've been thinking about an MBAY build. How do you like it?

ad-hell-aide

What's MBAY?

ad-hell-aide
Aly James wrote:
little-scale wrote:

So here is my little contribution a vgm 2 genm converter...it could be useful if you want to process some vgm's that were not included in tfi packages
or convert some personal vgm instruments...
tested and works fine smile

Give it a try!
The only thing we got to get right is the DEC2 (secondary decay) parameter, I tested both with mine and your tfi 2 genmdm and also directly reading from actual tfi / vgm files.
DEC2 secondary decay ranges from 0 to 31 not 0 15
so if you try to load and instrument that has more than 15 on the secondary decay (say 25) the value will be 15 anyway when loaded to genmdm editors causes differences in the sound.
Check out some of your genm files you should find quite some with more than 15 on DEC2.
Also as 0 15 is actually mapped to 0 127, a 15 on DEC2 correspond to 31 on the hardware and so on...
Whether or not you change the range on the editors or on the tfi/vgm data import will make the problem solved.

I do not know if it makes sense...maybe I do not understand some internal conversion well...you tell me smile

// VGM2GENM v1.0 by Aly James, 02.01.13

//for use with the GENMDM Midi Interface by Little Scale
//based on original vgm Shiru converters code
//small command line tool to convert VGM files to GENMDM Bank Instruments Presets

Simply drag and drop a .vgm file onto vgm2genm.exe
will output a .genm file in the same forder
You can drop many vgm at the same time.

You can also process a whole directory with all sub folders
using this command line with cmd.exe :
vgm2genm.exe [path\\]* to process whole directory with all subdirectories

source included : need Zlib to compile.
Have fun!

AJ.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/58656523/VGM2GENM.rar

Amazing work!

Jelly Stone park, MD USA
little-scale wrote:

What's MBAY?

Hi Littlescale! MIDIbox AY-3-8912 (10 or YM2149) synthy

Last edited by yogi (Feb 4, 2013 11:25 pm)

ad-hell-aide

Ahhhhh makes sense smile