Abandoned on Fire
ryba wrote:

Ondřej just called me and posted me his sites, want to give me one of his new toys big_smile
he designes Standuino synths in these days
here are the links, if anyone interested:

http://www.standuino.eu/devices/instrum … -angelico/
http://www.standuino.eu/devices/instrum … uangelico/

ryba wrote:

The first person I heard about using Gameboy to make music was Ondřej from Duo (sometimes Trio) Hugo & Zoe from my hometown Brno.
Hugo & Zoe (Vocal & DMG1+Nanoloop) are playing gigs since 2007 and they are not labeled here on Chipmusic or wasn't labeled on 8bc.
Ondřej also make some stuf with Arduinos and make Custom gameboys (Prosounding, Backlighting etc...), circuitbent and they cooperate with fashion shop called Minimon.

Oh neat!  I'm glad I checked this thread now, those instruments are really cool.

Serbia,Belgrade

I am so happy to find out that there is another chiptune artist in my city.He played in a festival where another Friend played trumpet and i just talked with my friend on skype and hr told me about it.I am so stoked,starting my stalking mode and gonna get in contact with this dude.His artist name is lukatoyboy.
If there is anyone from the Balkan send me a message ^^

Serbia,Belgrade

EDIT:Sorry For Double Post..on My Phone And Its's bugging out.

Last edited by Imnikola (Jan 27, 2013 3:57 am)

Maine

we need more people up in maine to play shows heck i might even be the first in my town tongue

Harrisonburg, Virginia
pivot. wrote:

Silver Spring MD. Chiptuner population: me.

You should join or friend the people in the Midatlantic Chip Group on Facebook. I know Compy lives in Maryland, just not exactly where. You've got Trey Frey in WV, Mega Flare and I think one or two others in the Northern Virginia/DC area. I'm in Harrisonburg, datacats is in Lynchburg. You've got people scattered all over MD/VA/DC/WV. That group is kind of quiet, but we're beginning to cement a semi-regular VA show that is always looking for new talent. You can also PM me for more info.

Last edited by Russellian (Jan 27, 2013 4:45 am)

lolusa
TheBronyChip wrote:

we need more people up in maine to play shows heck i might even be the first in my town tongue

I don't know if they are active anymore, but there's a group from Portland called 8-Bitches.

Douglas, Wyoming
pivot. wrote:

Silver Spring MD. Chiptuner population: me.

or at least as far as I know. Theres this really awesome thrift store here and the workers there have a pretty respectable collection of old gameboy cartridges and hardware. Maybe one of them plays come chip.

What would be a good idea is to sell the EMS cartridges in thrift stores, and advertise LSDJ on a local level. What people could do is go into the store with a credit card or have a paypal account, go through the donation process for LSDJ under supervision of an employee, and then charge like 2 dollars to flash it into the EMS cartridge that would be sold in the same store. those 2 dollars could go directly to the LSDJ fund, and most of all, you can get more people on the local scene to make chiptunes which is great.

Well there ARE plenty of other options, emulators, trackers, ect. But I like the idea, I just feel like in a lot of places the desire isn't there. I got all my gameboys from a local thrift store too, places are gold mines for cheap retro hardware. The best thing I'd say is just tell your friends, have them tell their friends and start little shows for fun to get people interested. Some places are just a lost cause it seems, especially in a place like here where your total pop. is barely over 4k and mostly old folks. Make a facebook event and try and get some people to show up and jam and maybe have some gameboys for people to sort of play with to get the local community interested in chip.

Czech Republic

Yeah. Great. I just now (from friday) have FrauAngelico (drummer) as a gift from Ondřej. Happy for this present.
It's the second (after dingoo) smallest piece of gear I have now.
I still don't know everything about hacking it's open source code and board, didn't try midi implementation, but it has cool features and sound as it stands now.
Messing around with it all the weekend on the road, in the train etc (battery life isn't quite long, just few hours, but I didn't have a brand new 9V battery).

egr wrote:

http://www.standuino.eu/devices/instrum … -angelico/
http://www.standuino.eu/devices/instrum … uangelico/

Oh neat!  I'm glad I checked this thread now, those instruments are really cool.

Last edited by ryba (Jan 27, 2013 9:52 am)

Jakarta

"HOW IS YOUR LOCAL CHIPTUNE COMMUNITY?"

In Indonesia, we have Indonesian Chiptunes. It's very big and we have more than 100 projects. Did you want to come here? big_smile

canada
_KiAik_ wrote:

"HOW IS YOUR LOCAL CHIPTUNE COMMUNITY?"

In Indonesia, we have Indonesian Chiptunes. It's very big and we have more than 100 projects. Did you want to come here? big_smile

i wish~

ad-hell-aide

heart Indonesia!!

Memphis, TN

I just want everyone to know if you ever come to memphis....Drop your cheeseballs and skidaddle!!! This is the city of the dead! Chiptunes you say?! We'll be lucky to get anything that isn't A) blues B) hood rap C) a local band that has been playing the same tired set for the past decade of D) saliva... I'm not completely taken in by the negative forces here but then again I leave every chance I get.

Santa Cruz, California

Local chiptune community? I think I'm the only one.
Nothing but Hipster bands and hippies where I live.

Brunswick, GA USA

I know It's a long drive but you may consider getting on that Nashville thing...

UK

FearOfDark lives a town over from me.

It's me!