Los Angeles

HI Everyone,

Here is a Disney Pilot for "Catch 1-UP" by our friend Gabe Swarr we scored the music & sound fx for in 2006. All of it was done with real NES & C64, Enjoy!

Last edited by 8bitweapon (Feb 7, 2013 4:18 pm)

babylon

am i the only who cant see a link?

Minot, Maine

Wow... really takes the "chipmusic as novelty pastiche" thing to dramatic new heights.

Unsubscribe

Did this guy used to work on powerpuffgirls? its a total influence.

brooklyn!
herr_prof wrote:

for sure, i noticed the jerk kid was definitely a voice on PPG.

Harrisonburg, Virginia

Sounds like the sister is voiced by Tara Strong. Kind of an interesting concept.

Chicago IL, USA

Wow the 3 voices are Spongebob, Bubbles, and Officer Garcia. How did he manage such a good cast for just a pilot?

Chicago IL

Can't believe that didn't get picked up

Medina, Ohio
herr_prof wrote:

I was thinking that and/or dexter's lab.

PS. use too

Last edited by dsv101 (Feb 8, 2013 12:05 am)

Santa Cruz, California
dsv101 wrote:

PS. use too

What?

Chicago IL

too is not the correct form in that sentence

babylon

okay i was able to check it out. seems cool for like kids and stuff. i dont think i could watch it as an adult but i wouldnt cringe if my son turned it on.

Youngstown, OH
walter b. gentle wrote:

okay i was able to check it out. seems cool for like kids and stuff. i dont think i could watch it as an adult but i wouldnt cringe if my son turned it on.

I don't know man, I'm 23 years old and I didn't look away. This is definitely a step above anything else Disney is doing at the moment, what with it being even a little bit bearable.

Chicago IL

It's not good. Good kids shows are written for adults and safe for kids to watch (Adventure Time, The Tick, Freakazoid all pop to mind)

Kids don't want to be talked down to by a cartoon. The smart ones at least. Also the show is geared towards little kids, which doesn't make any sense, since they were probably born into the 6th or 7th generation of consoles.

UK, Leicester
Saskrotch wrote:

It's not good. Good kids shows are written for adults and safe for kids to watch (Adventure Time, The Tick, Freakazoid all pop to mind)

Kids don't want to be talked down to by a cartoon. The smart ones at least. Also the show is geared towards little kids, which doesn't make any sense, since they were probably born into the 6th or 7th generation of consoles.

Actually that makes a lot of sense, I started watching hi hi puffy ami yumi again because I loved it as a kid, but damn is is patronizing. Compared to something like regular show and it really isn't worth your time.

The 8 bit music was pretty fucking lame though, right? not much effort went into it or anything