Riverside, CA

You could just do it yourself.

http://gbdev.gg8.se/wiki/articles/Displ … een_Images

Louisiana

@nitro Thank you yours worked.

@Silph thats actually what Im doing right now. Ive gotten to the point where it says use this command

pcx2gb n d *imagenameyousaved*.pcx *tilesfilename*.c *mapfilename*.map

and Im a a loss. I have no idea what the hell it means. Ive tried running PCX2GB and it just flashes and shuts before I can do anything with it. Am I suppose to go into command prompt or something?

Vex wrote:

@Silph thats actually what Im doing right now. Ive gotten to the point where it says use this command

and Im a a loss. I have no idea what the hell it means. Ive tried running PCX2GB and it just flashes and shuts before I can do anything with it. Am I suppose to go into command prompt or something?

Jup. Or use .bat file.

But if you try to create a rom like the example on that page, it won't work.
In the thread I posted earlier there's an explanation why, and some solutions smile

It has to do with the program calling too many sprites at once, more than fit in the memory.

Last edited by Timbob (Jan 31, 2013 10:20 am)

UK, Leicester
Timbob wrote:

Jup. Or use .bat file.

But if you try to create a rom like the example on that page, it won't work.
In the thread I posted earlier there's an explanation why, and some solutions smile

It has to do with the program calling too many sprites at once, more than fit in the memory.

Yeah that's what happened with me, I read through more of the thread, and about how you can only display x amount of tiles because of somethingorother, I used the "classic360" download in this post to get my roms up and running.

budmelvin wrote:

I don't really have time to make up a whole tutorial but I put up some example code for 360 unique tiles on gb classic (http://www.budmelvin.com/dev/gb/classic360.zip) and gb color (http://www.budmelvin.com/dev/gb/color360.zip).
For those having trouble with pcx2gb I would suggest trying it in dosbox.

SurfaceDragon you will be happy to see the zips include a rom file which should be extremely easy to edit with yy-chr, each tile is labeled with x and y coordinates.  I haven't tested them on real hardware though, hopefully someone else with take the time to try that and let me know.

Oh yeah, this is important to remember, because the *tiles.c* file that is used for this one is split into two parts, you have to c+p your *whatever-you-got-pcx2gb-to-name-it.c* in two separate parts. I'll upload the *tiles.c* file I use, I formatted it so that it's easier to c+p into it.
http://www.mediafire.com/?4if227z77nr6eaf
If you still have problems let me know.

UK, Leicester
Vex wrote:

Oh I've only just noticed this, I could only get pcx2gb to work through command prompt, I placed mine in a folder called pcx2gb on my C drive to make using cmd easier.

open CMD and type in "C:\wherever-you-put-pcx2gb\pcx2gb.exe" and press enter, then type  "C:\wherever-you-put-pcx2gb\pcx2gb.exe n d C:wherever-you-put-the-pcx\whatever-its-called.pcx whatever.c whatever.map" and press enter again. For me pcx2gb goes into fulscreen, shows my image, then makes it greyscale, a colour pallete shows up on the right after I press enter a few more times then it stays in full screen, just Alt+Tab out of it and either follow my above instructions, or the one on the site.

Santa Cruz, California

I couldn't get any of the software to work... at all.
I hate software...

UK, Leicester
Teh D3th St4r wrote:

I hate software...

What's the problem or problems?

Santa Cruz, California
Alpine wrote:
Teh D3th St4r wrote:

I hate software...

What's the problem or problems?

It's fine now. I couldn't get my computer to run batch files... I fixed it.
I'm currently making images.
I'll post pictures later.

Santa Cruz, California

Nope... anyone wanna be a bro and do this for me?
Between building my keyboard, working on a new painting,  and trying to learn 15 different pieces of software, I'm a little more than flustered.
I got as far as making a .pcx file, but I can't convert it to .gb and my computer claims that all of my compilers are "inactive".
I think I'm over working my brain today.

If someone want's to take pity on me; PM me and I'll send you my .pcx file.