Pittsburgh

I've been kicking around the idea of attempting to power a DMG with a 9v battery, as to free up space in the battery compartment for extra stuff. Problem is, I'm not sure how to go about stepping down the 9v to the normal 6v. Upon looking online for regulators, I found the 7806, a 6-volt regulator (which I honestly did not know existed, only had heard of the 7805). Would a 7806 do the trick for this, or should I use something else?

Santa Cruz, California

It should work.

Louisiana

Try it and let us know how the batt life is if it works. Id love to be able to free up half, if not more, of the battery compartment for random things.

Teh D3th St4r wrote:

It should work.

Famous last words wink

Czech republic
nitro2k01 wrote:

I’ll have to investigate that further, but my preliminary conclusion is that you can feed the Gameboy with a 9V battery without problems.

http://blog.gg8.se/wordpress/2009/07/22 … ge-ranges/

Bratislava, Slovakia

You are woman, so do you need to replace one battery with a tampon?

Murcia, Spain
ashimoke wrote:
nitro2k01 wrote:

I’ll have to investigate that further, but my preliminary conclusion is that you can feed the Gameboy with a 9V battery without problems.

http://blog.gg8.se/wordpress/2009/07/22 … ge-ranges/

What an interesting article, with a nice presentation and explanation of the results.

Chicago IL, USA
martin_demsky wrote:

Santa Cruz, California
martin_demsky wrote:

WTF?!
1: That is hella fuckin' sexist.
2: What the hell is that supposed to mean anyway?

Madison, Wisconsin, USA
martin_demsky wrote:

SIKC DISS BRO WOMEN AMIRITE

clovis CA
martin_demsky wrote:

lol rule 13 buddy hmm

Sweeeeeeden

Would you kids please stop doing this all the time?

Santa Cruz, California
nitro2k01 wrote:

Would you kids please stop doing this all the time?

What? Bitching about ignorant dumbassery, or converting DMG's to run on a single battery to make room for additional mods?

Louisiana

I just wish someone would answer the man with a legit answer so we can know for sure. If details on this were to be confirmed the entire DMG community could benifit from it. That would make room for sooo many things. You could honestly have the entire batt compartment empty and put the 9v on the side or something where the prosound typically goes maybe. Imagine the shit you could cram in that space..seriously its crazy! Id also be happy with finding a confirmed recharble battery set that you could perma install and instal a port it could charge from..maybe even the port already in the dmg.

clovis CA
Vex wrote:

I just wish someone would answer the man with a legit answer so we can know for sure.

ashimoke replied with a link from nitro2k01 with tests and results of a gameboy running at 9v.

nitro2k01 wrote:

I tried feeding my known good Gameboy with 9V for a few minutes, with a moderate contrast setting, without any problems. However, it’s possible that the extreme positions of the contrast dial will slowly destroy the LCD, when the input voltage is >7 V. If so, it could probably be fixed by changing the control voltage range for the contrast dial.

what i think we could do is simply get a 9v battery and get a regulator in there. solved.

Bratislava, Slovakia

Sorry, it was really bad joke.