You probably have an old version on LSDj. In newer versions, the WAV channel correctly indicates the octave by show C2 as the lowest note, not C3.

So half clocking effectively gives you C1 as your lowest note on the WAV channel, and C2 on the pulse channels.

Last edited by fluxer (Jan 25, 2013 7:57 pm)

San Francisco
Zef wrote:

Pixel art sounds pretty cool, and relatively easy to make. Maybe it could be used for simple animations too. I if you want to be ambitious you could try to use the vestigial audio in line to do basic visualizations or something.

Suggestion from the other thread would be for a fleshed out 1 bit tracker for the DMG, though it's not a 1 bit system I'm sure you could find a way to reduce the bit depth down to a beeper mode. Could be fun.

Do you mind elaborating or point me in a direction to more info on this audio in line visualization concept? sorry that just sounds very interesting to me.

Last edited by lVoVl (Jan 25, 2013 8:57 pm)

I would like to see a software that would be optimized for the original 3ds (not the XL.) Effects wouldn't be made with tables/hexidecimals, it would be made with something more visual and not text based. Also, it would make music for the NES. The problem that I have with LSDJ on the 3ds is that when your switching screens, the select button is very slightly hard to reach while using the d-pad (which makes a very big difference, since you would be making music alot.) This would be amazing if you made a new NES software, and I would definitely use it.

Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Saskrotch wrote:

Something that takes an .lsdsng file, makes it into a .gbs file, and also a gbs player that can control things like tempo, mute / solo tracks, transpose etc.

Yes.

An emulation of Trippy-H which works exactly the same way except that it doesn't lose tempo/slow down when you press select to change screens (and maybe with such improvements to one of the channels as it would take for it to be able to make a gabber kick sound too...) would be my perfect GB music software smile

Madison, Wisconsin, USA

Make a TV-B-Gone-style program for the Game Boy Color using its IR LEDs.

Playboy Man-Baby
xX 8 BIT CHAMPION Xx wrote:

Last edited by Invisible Robot Hands (Feb 6, 2013 2:00 am)

Unsubscribe

Midi controlled tv remote sound intersting.

a game boy that connects to the internet

Maine
themask wrote:

a game boy that connects to the internet

this!

Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Invisible Robot Hands wrote:
xX 8 BIT CHAMPION Xx wrote:

oh shit

Matthew Joseph Payne

A proof of concept controlling SNES audio through the Super Gameboy.

Florida

I would like to be able to design the wife of my dreams and have her emerge from the screen in a burst of pink and lime green light.

rochester, ny
kineticturtle wrote:

A proof of concept controlling SNES audio through the Super Gameboy.

this this this.

i would contribute $100 to a kickstarter that produced a version of lsdj that allowed you to track for the snes channels in addition to the gameboy. WHO'S WITH ME?????

no seriously could we raise money and pay nitro/johan/littlescale/batsly/neil baldwin to do this? name your price gentleman.

Unsubscribe

never was a fan of the snes sounds, but might be a fun project. I got five on it.

Sweeeeeeden

It would be a siightly difficult project because of the complexity and lack of development tools, at least if you want custom sounds. I would have to learn at least the basics of two new CPUs/platforms (The SNES's main CPU and the SPC) and make the code work together. Right now I'm spoiled with being able to debug GB ROMs easily in BGB.
Actually, it appears the SGB has some functionality that simplifies doing something like this, so you don't have to build it completely fom scatch but it's still not trivial or easy. I might try it at some point.