Santa Cruz, California
TheBronyChip wrote:

its finished!

big_smile

Nice.
That base looks sick with the black buttons!

egr wrote:
Glitch Militia wrote:

Oh and this

Hey what's the functionality of that?  Is the cart case just an enclosure or is this somehow used with a gameboy?

It's a cart with an embedded socket, it's just easy to reprogram by popping the IC out. Much like kitsch's socketed carts, but a bit different and to a degree a bit more primitive since it doesn't use a custom PCB but a heavily rewired one.

thebitman wrote:
egr wrote:

Hey what's the functionality of that?  Is the cart case just an enclosure or is this somehow used with a gameboy?

It's a cart with an embedded socket, it's just easy to reprogram by popping the IC out. Much like kitsch's socketed carts, but a bit different and to a degree a bit more primitive since it doesn't use a custom PCB but a heavily rewired one.

Those are 32 Pin PLCC sockets. Features:

Atmel AT49F04090 Flash 4 Mb

MBC 3 mapper.

256 K Ram

Abandoned on Fire
Glitch Militia wrote:
thebitman wrote:

Those are 32 Pin PLCC sockets. Features:

Atmel AT49F04090 Flash 4 Mb

MBC 3 mapper.
6 K Ram

Oh, home made "flash cart"!  For some reason when I read this earlier I thought those carts had somehow been fitted with a Super GB processor and couldn't figure out why someone would do that.  tongue

egr wrote:

Oh, home made "flash cart"!  For some reason when I read this earlier I thought those carts had somehow been fitted with a Super GB processor and couldn't figure out why someone would do that.  tongue

Now that would be slick tongue

But no. In the first picture you see a DMG motherboard, that has been fitted with a SGB CPU.

Last edited by Glitch Militia (Mar 14, 2013 11:14 pm)

Maine
Teh D3th St4r wrote:
TheBronyChip wrote:

its finished!

big_smile

Nice.
That base looks sick with the black buttons!

thanks! big_smile

South Carolina

Hey guys just decided to add another thing into my already crammed gameboy dmg i have added justin thursdays variable clock v4 which was difficult to cram the wires inside but i did it i am officially done with this gameboy i pretty much have no more room my goal of this project was to be a little nex junior and try to cram alot of stuff into one gameboy and i did it.

Last edited by Budusy12 (Mar 16, 2013 2:05 am)

Did this today.

西安
DESUMATE wrote:

Did this today.

SEXY!

viciousitaly wrote:

SEXY!

Isn't she~

SLC, UT

Such a happy family:

Now I just REALLY want to get the nintendo logos back....anyone want to make me a stencil? smile

London, UK
stargazer wrote:

Such a happy family:

Now I just REALLY want to get the nintendo logos back....anyone want to make me a stencil? smile

Damn.. I'm a sucker for monochrome. Those look awesome.

my mom's basement
stargazer wrote:

Such a happy family:

I came.

SLC, UT

Tanks guys.

But really, if anyone has any ideas on getting the logos back, I'm all ears. I know that it's possible.

Lasercut stencil?

viciousitaly wrote:
DESUMATE wrote:

Did this today.

SEXY!

Check my DSlite I did this one some years ago - Same theme: http://www.flickr.com/photos/62235217@N … hotostream