Solar System

Yep write very good song is not so easy as it seems. You are right...

Here is litle inspiration:
Hively Music Disk GBA
http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=52450

There is similar to MOD tracker for spectrum BTW so why not Klystrack on GBA.
(you can buy SP or GBA for few bucks, there are 45million GBA and SPs sold, so you have enough for spare parts, SP is ultraportable...)

ZX AMIGA LIKE TRACKER
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWbIv_bMyBQ

Last edited by Matej (Mar 19, 2013 8:58 pm)

Montreal, Canada

lol... "you can buy an sp for a few bucks"

Sure, that's all that's required! I once ported Far Cry 3 to my microwave by leaving the disc on top of the microwave long enough. No human work involved at all! Next project, I'm gonna try to boot linux on my couch, cause I only got it for a few bucks.

Seriously though, the replay library is open source and freely available to anyone. Just, yknow...do it yourself? smile Some of us KT users would rather Komet spends time fixing bugs and improving Klystrack rather than port it to a console that really, really doesn't need another music app. Plus as Ilkke pointed out, if you really just want to play the songs somewhere without lugging a computer around, render them to mp3 and play that on your ipod?

Montreal, Canada

oops.. double posts.

Last edited by n00bstar (Mar 19, 2013 9:35 pm)

Tokyo, Japan
n00bstar wrote:

Some of us KT users would rather Komet spends time fixing bugs and improving Klystrack

By improving you mean adding 4op fm right?

Montreal, Canada

well implementing just a few of the 800 suggestions I made in the past year would be amazing.. yknow instead of adding cosmetics and fixing only one bug every six months smile Oh if only I knew how to code.. I'd clean this mess up. I'm seriously considering changing software heh. I might, once I'm done with the EP....

/bitter

Psydney, Australia

lol! big_smile

Montreal, Canada

HAha. Well yknow. I still don't think I'll find something that entirely replaces it just yet, but still... this software could be so much more.

United States

I wonder if klystrack would be suitable for use on a raspberry pi?

Solar System

Yep Raspberry PI port will be cool too. Booting into Linux but withouth GUI, simply to Klystrack...
And I am voting for 4op FM too as I am OPL3 fan.

@Noob* - Your CatOmeter is supercool. Never seen something like this on any tracker...

Last edited by Matej (Mar 21, 2013 8:16 pm)

Montreal, Canada

I've tried compiling it for the PI. The problem is that the code is a total mess. You need to compile 87 projects back to back to make it happen, and all of those need to be edited for work on the PI. I've even tried to pay a programmer friend of mine to clean the mess up, he took one long look at it, laughed, and said nope.

You should all do like I do. Write bug/suggestions reports knowing they'll be mostly ignored, and then deal with whatever the hell gets released and work around the limitations. In a way, it's his software, he supports it however he wants so we have nothing to complain about really. But to me, Klystack feels like watching the world's fastest race dog chained to a post and malnourished. Wasted potential and no love.

As for FM. I personally see no need for it because there's already tons of softwares out there that do it very well. What's lacking most for me is a couple of options in the synth engine like noise pitch independant from the instrument's pitch, fine tuning, some more shapes in the wave editor single-cycle generator and reorganizing the screens into something that doesn't feel like every new option is tacked on 'where there's place for it'. And a 'live' screen where you can mute/unmute and loop/unloop on the fly, and in sync with the tempo.

Montreal, Canada
Matej wrote:

@Noob* - Your CatOmeter is supercool. Never seen something like this on any tracker...

it's not mine! ilkke made the graphics, komet coded it. I'm just a user like everyone else.

Solar System

BTW I wrote to Rockbox alternative mp3 player firmware team to please include Klystrack modules for replay... Rockbox supports playing Atari ST, SID, Atari 800, NES, SNES, PC Engine, MSX and KONAMI and many more modules... So why not Klystrack???
http://www.rockbox.org/

los angeles

how do you delete an instrument?

Riverside, CA
Matej wrote:

BTW I wrote to Rockbox alternative mp3 player firmware team to please include Klystrack modules for replay... Rockbox supports playing Atari ST, SID, Atari 800, NES, SNES, PC Engine, MSX and KONAMI and many more modules... So why not Klystrack???
http://www.rockbox.org/

Excellent idea, I love RB smile

Montreal, Canada
shiroshii wrote:

how do you delete an instrument?

Menu. File -> Kill Instrument. Make sure you're on the right instrument first.

los angeles

ah thank you