Unsubscribe
Lazerbeat wrote:

Am I one of the chipmusic elite?

The effete perhaps.

my mom's basement
Smashboy wrote:

Remember me guys? I'm proof of all the negativity of this place. I made a shit peace of shit and didn't realize it last year and put it on this site because I was told it was a great place to get started,learn, and because it was "a good idea" and then i got cursed at,falsely accused(was it trolling?) and discriminated. Been lerking and practicing ever since,because,basically,aint no body got time for dat shit.I laugh at it now though,but since then,all I believe there is here is a bunch of jerks with useful information....the worst kind of jerks. hmm

I remember that thread, good times. Never post til you feel comfy with what you've got, and feel that saskrotch won't tear it up too bad.

shanghai

and remember cmo is just a website.....a website....its not real.

ps - chipmusic is dead. and a member of the chiptune elite said it so its TRUTH

can we all go back to normal now - or this place is gonna have to have a 'therapy / confidence building / don't be such a pussy'  self help forum thing at this rate.

a bit of light hearted cyber-bullying is character building. People are gonna tell you your shit sucks alot of times in the real world too. The obvious answer is to practice hard at not being SUCKZ.

San Diego, CA

UK, Leicester
spacetownsavior wrote:

truth

I'ts kinda funny, I've never seen any of the mentioned people (saskrotch, herr_prof) be dicks to anyone who quite frankly didn't deserve it.

Unsubscribe

We are like Batman.

Sweden

If an internet pitchfork mob make fun of you for posting bad music, you need to be able to brush it off as the bunch of idiots it is. Ignore them or report them. If they are just generally holding a negative opinion about your music, though, you need to deal with it in a constructive manner for your own sake. It's not healthy to have your ego so tightly tied to your creative output that negative criticism or a bunch of crap posts from random people on a forum completely devastates you.

Philthydelphia
boomlinde wrote:

If an internet pitchfork mob make fun of you for posting bad music, you need to be able to brush it off as the bunch of idiots it is. Ignore them or report them. If they are just generally holding a negative opinion about your music, though, you need to deal with it in a constructive manner for your own sake. It's not healthy to have your ego so tightly tied to your creative output that negative criticism or a bunch of crap posts from random people on a forum completely devastates you.

I have a pitchfork, can I join the cm.o pitchfork hate mafia?

Chicago IL
Smashboy wrote:

Remember me guys?

nope

Unsubscribe

Seattle, WA US

baw what about me guys I'm a dick sometimes

UK, Leicester
boaconstructor wrote:

When you had a go at apeshit about the price of his ps/2 cables, I was cringing in embarrassment, on your behalf. I was tempted to intervene, and stop you saying anything else, but it was already over by the time I'd seen it.

.FILTHadelphia

I think the hostility is a good buffer between those who actually want to create music and those who have the feel goods about chip music because they were really big fans of POcKEt MONsters for the Gameboy. Fact is only about 10% of the people who come on here asking questions and/or posting their first LSDJ song actually stick with it beyond the chip music honeymoon period, (2-3 weeks maybe.) We might as well weed out some of them before they come on here wasting everyone's time with questions that have been answered 100 times over and showing off their custom DMGs they spray painted in their dad's garage.

washington
defiantsystems wrote:

We might as well weed out some of them before they come on here wasting everyone's time with questions that have been answered 100 times over and showing off their custom DMGs they spray painted in their dad's garage.

thank you for saying this

Seattle, WA US
Alpine wrote:
boaconstructor wrote:

When you had a go at apeshit about the price of his ps/2 cables, I was cringing in embarrassment, on your behalf. I was tempted to intervene, and stop you saying anything else, but it was already over by the time I'd seen it.

hahahaha.. you may just have me mistaken for somebody else

babylon

whatever happened to reteris?