Chicago IL

Yo! So I'm doing the music and sounfd effects for Rex Rocket, and I'm doing some real minimal prizes (for now) regarding the kickstarter on my facebook page. If you don't care about any of that and just want to give all kinds of money, or little kinds of money, go straight to the kickstarter page.

I'm super excited about this project, because it'll be the least I'll have had to tone down my style for a game so far!

Update: 5/10/13 12:24 AM CST

-=BEGIN TRANMISSION=-

Greetings, Cadets!

As I'm sure you've heard, we've completed construction of our new Star Cruiser, the S.S. Montana. You all deserve a round of applause for your fundraising efforts.

We still have a few weeks before our maiden voyage (beta)- and what a sight she will be! Until then, we've decided to open funding once again to enhance our ship's facilities and increase transport routes. Our new goals are listed below:

• $9,000 - New transport destination: Mac

• $10,000 - The ship's sonic technician, Saskrotch, will re-write the background music you hear over the PA system, specifically for eons-old technology- he has informed me these relics were called the NES, Game Boy, Genesis, and SNES- and transmit a digital recording to backers at ANY level.

• $ 11,000 - New transport destination: Linux - Any cadet pledging more than $10 may submit data to be stored in the information nodes throughout the ship.

• $ 12,000 - A special scenario will be uploaded to our simulation room's mainframe, allowing cadets to relive the events that led to earning my nickname, Rex Rocket.

• $ 13,000 - New transport destination: OUYA - The ship will be outfitted with additional information nodes, boost reception for news casts and radio transmissions, and we'll pump an invisible gas into the cabin to make your fellow cadets more chatty. Out here in the cold, dark void of space, nothing is quite as comforting as being more informed and in-touch with your shipmates.

• $14,000 - The S.S. Montana's facilities will be expanded by at least 25 rooms, creating a whole new area of the ship for you to explore, in an effort to keep you from going stir-crazy, or what the doctors here are calling "space madness."

• $15,000 - New transport destination: iOS - Our bio-scientists will get hard to work on a mysterious DNA reconfiguration they have failed to explain to me; they call it a "Gender Swap" option.

• $16,000 - Despite warnings from both the human resources department and safety technicians, we will allow all cadets access to the ship's INCREDIBLY dangerous docking bay. Our sonic technician will be supplying this area with its own background music, designed to help you keep your wits about you. Again, your captain and crew thank you for everything you've done. The hardest times are behind us, and we now bravely look to the future.

Be vigilant! - Your captain, Rex Rocket

-=END TRANSMISSION=-

Last edited by Saskrotch (May 10, 2013 5:25 am)

buffalo, NY

Love the music so far!

Toronto, Canada

Looks like an awesome project, and the music sounds awesome!!  Sadly, I went to donate on this, and it only offers payment via Amazon, which only accepts credit cards(apparently Visa debit doesn't count).  No Paypal?  Never dealt with Kickstarter before.  Shame, as I'd like to help fund this.

SLC, UT

Great soundtrack man. Game looks awesome. Maybe this is the next cave story. I hope so.

NC in the US of America

It  really does look awesome. I had my reservations when I saw the character sprites' faces, but everything else more than makes up for it, and the sprites grew on my after awhile.

@stargazer: I thought of Cave Story too. I don't know about it being the next cs or anything (It'd have to be freeware, for one), but it looks like a really awesome game.

I pledged $70.  Looks cool.
Good luck.

Chicago IL

Awesome, thanks guys! I'm really excited about this, we made 1/6th of our goal in the first 24 hours!

Infinity Curve wrote:

Sadly, I went to donate on this, and it only offers payment via Amazon, which only accepts credit cards(apparently Visa debit doesn't count).  No Paypal?  Never dealt with Kickstarter before.  Shame, as I'd like to help fund this.

No idea, I've never used Kickstarter, and I don't have any control on this project. If you want I can talk to the dudes and see if there's something we can work out with paypal?

Auburn, WA, US

That game looks great! And the tunes were kickin.

Chicago IL

Thanks!

and also, why don't you guys go on reddit and upvote them shits! it's the quickest/easiest way to (maybe?) help us out
http://www.reddit.com/r/chiptunes/dupli … latformer/

Detroit, Michigan
Saskrotch wrote:

Awesome, thanks guys! I'm really excited about this, we made 1/6th of our goal in the first 24 hours!

Infinity Curve wrote:

Sadly, I went to donate on this, and it only offers payment via Amazon, which only accepts credit cards(apparently Visa debit doesn't count).  No Paypal?  Never dealt with Kickstarter before.  Shame, as I'd like to help fund this.

No idea, I've never used Kickstarter, and I don't have any control on this project. If you want I can talk to the dudes and see if there's something we can work out with paypal?

I use my Visa Debit Card all the time on Kickstarter

Toronto, Canada
snesei wrote:
Saskrotch wrote:

Hmm...I will give it a shot then.  I got to the payment screen, and it showed only credit cards.

EDIT: and it worked!  I've usually found unless they say Visa Debit, they don't accept it.

Last edited by Infinity Curve (Apr 24, 2013 12:42 pm)

Detroit, Michigan
Infinity Curve wrote:
snesei wrote:

Hmm...I will give it a shot then.  I got to the payment screen, and it showed only credit cards.

EDIT: and it worked!  I've usually found unless they say Visa Debit, they don't accept it.

Cool smile

Loving both the music and the look of the game so far.

Chicago IL

Awesome, glad the debit thing worked!

@ 1:57 it gets so so good

Chicago IL
defPREMIUM wrote:

@ 1:57 it gets so so good

I dunno I think the best part is at 1:37