FRANCE

Weekly FUN smile made early this morning in the spirit of the legendary TDF3 soundtrack...no eq no dynamics FMDRIVE (MD1 mode)

FRANCE

I may have found something interesting to produce actual words with the CSM...I will test this ASAP

.FILTHadelphia
Aly James wrote:

I may have found something interesting to produce actual words with the CSM...I will test this ASAP

Please do. I'd like to understand this "illegal" mode a little more.

FRANCE
defiantsystems wrote:
Aly James wrote:

I have previously posted some infos here that could help a bit before I drop an actual tutorial...
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/11028 … de-sounds/

FRANCE

Something related to the use of SSG...:)
http://soundcloud.com/alyjameslab/glitches-brew

FRANCE

Damn now that's a story, I just found out that Yuzo Koshiro , THE Yuzo Koshiro, try to donate for FMDRIVE and was kind of blocked in Japan...paypal sucks sometimes...
He will receive is copy tomorrow ! what an honor! smile smile smile smile

Milwaukee, WI

Dude! Yuzo!  Streets of Rage!  That's so cool!

Surrey, BC Canada

Man, that's a seal of approval right there. You should put that on your front page! I've been toying around with this all night, and I am absolutely in love. This VST is the kind of thing I would dream about, and resign to the fact that it would simply never be created. You sir, are a hero!

FRANCE
Norrin_Radd wrote:

Man, that's a seal of approval right there. You should put that on your front page! I've been toying around with this all night, and I am absolutely in love. This VST is the kind of thing I would dream about, and resign to the fact that it would simply never be created. You sir, are a hero!

Oh thx ! please point me to your music once you will make something with FMDrive I have listened to one of your release and it is pretty cool smile

Today I have made a tribute to Yuzo koshiro in my spare time
Here it is:
---------------------------------------------------------------
NINJA STEP from Revenge of Shinobi soundtrack
PAL version

---------------------------------------------------------------
FMDrive in HD mode. and a little mixed and arranged.

http://soundcloud.com/alyjameslab/ninja … mdrive-vst

BOSTON

just ordered. this looks incredible.

FRANCE

Just to let you know that I will post anything regarding the use of FMDrive as a MIDI controller with GenMDM in the GenMDM thread.
Hope it makes sense smile
The current version of FMDrive Vsti can already be use with GenMDM (assigning MIDI CC to the knobs and sliders) however as I have said since the beginning, There will be a "controller only version" that will be perfectly tailored for this usage.
I have already done most of the conversion and it is working pretty fine so far !
It will be available when GenMDM 103 Firmware will be out big_smile

FRANCE

Only one instance of FMDrive is used at the beginning of this track (using SSG decay parameters ,CSM mode and custom DAC Waveform), showing the power of changing parameters with MIDI automation. All of this can be done one a real Megadrive too...yes indeed smile

FRANCE
defiantsystems wrote:
Aly James wrote:

So for CSM stuff,
I have added the info here http://chipmusic.org/forums/post/170350/#p170350 to avoid double posting smile

.FILTHadelphia

I gotta say the more I mess with this VST the more I'm surprised at the range of what the Sega sound chip can actually do. It's pretty incredible.

Robotcity, the year 20XX

i want a mac version as well!

Philadelphia, PA

So for the past two weeks straight I've been doing nothing but play with this plugin. It's amazing! There's so much going on. It's also sort of a lifesaver, because I can use use it as a placeholder for my GenMDM when I'm working on a track and only bust out the hardware when I'm ready to record.