Los Angeles, CA
roboctopus wrote:

I write boring things. With words.

At night I provide free childcare to a toddler. I have not figured out how to monetize that activity.

Funnily enough I am a childcare provider for toddlers.

detroit

I slang micro brews

vancouver, canada

i work at a marketing firm using my programming skills to make internet things for other companies.

then to pay the bills i
1) visit my bank internet website
2) click one field that has the money that came from my company
3) click another button that puts some of that money into a payment for other things that need my money

you can find more information on how to pay your bills at your local bank's website.

Warwickshire, UK

I'm a Sound Designer at Codemasters, working on the DiRT/F1 and GRID games.

Sweden

I am a cat and I majored in napping

Douglas, Wyoming

These topics just make me feel bad that I'm 17 an unemployed still.

Youngstown, OH
Monotron wrote:

Don't feel bad, I'm 23 and unemployed.

Well I compose and sound design for games, which is honestly for all intents and purposes very similar so far.

Abandoned on Fire

I'm a tech in the QA lab at a detergent plant.

/soul death

Last edited by egr (May 16, 2013 1:30 am)

CHIPcinnati Ohio

gas station clerk...shoot me

and full time musician in dreamland...

Warwickshire, UK
Monotron wrote:

What I didn't put is that I'm 40.... now that makes me feel quite bad as I am about 17 inside wink

Warwickshire, UK

To those who are unemployed at the moment, it sucks I know. Been there a number of times through redundancy. The games industry is notorious for it. The thing you have to do is try not to let it get you down. Something will come up, but likely when you least expect it, so try to make the best use of the time you have at the moment - don't waste it away....

Montreal, Canada
TDK wrote:

The games industry is notorious for it.

Haha yup. Been working in gaming for ~15 years now and it's always the same thing... Company over hires to meet deadlines, then fires more people than it should a month after launch, then rehires too many people again on the next project.

That's why I am presently giving handjobs in the alley behind my building.

Finland
n00bstar wrote:

That's why I am presently giving handjobs in the alley behind my building.

Jesus. Thought I was the only one doing that. Lube costs too much to make the price worth it though. Gonna have to pick up something else, then.

Aside from that I'm in art school. Pretentious artists making pretentious art. It's pretty chill.

Last edited by my.Explosion (May 16, 2013 9:48 am)

Toronto Area, Canada

I drive a big truck.

Warwickshire, UK
n00bstar wrote:
TDK wrote:

The games industry is notorious for it.

Haha yup. Been working in gaming for ~15 years now and it's always the same thing... Company over hires to meet deadlines, then fires more people than it should a month after launch, then rehires too many people again on the next project.

Yeah, I've seen that a lot. "Luckily" my positions have always been long term, however you can't stop studios just going POP either. That's happened 3 times to me sad

EA have just done this. Made a load of people redundant last week, then announced the opening of DICE LA this week with multiple vacancies.

Kiel, Germany

I'm a full-time disappointment to my family.

Should switch to something that pays better, really.