Pittsburgh

I have often wondered if it would be possible to modify or remove the battery pack from a DMG in order to make more room, while keeping it mobile. You've gone above and beyond on this, well done! Pretty sure that the only way that the rechargeable battery idea could get awesome is if you were able to make it charge through the built in AC adapter port XD

Have you been able to test how long the battery lasts on this guy?

San Diego

I'm really curious, that battery is only 3.7V and the DMG uses 5V. What did you use to change the voltage, or does the DMG convert it up as well?

(219) Indiana, USA

A DMG can safely run on as low as 3.7v or as high as 7v (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Also I haven't been able to test the amount of hours it takes for the battery to die but I'll try to see what I can do.

Nice work!  I'm working on a similar project, i wanted to use a 450mah that fits in the speaker holder. might just go for your mod.  i believe a fully charged Lipo gives off 4+ volts.

Just tested, i looped a song on lsdj for 40min. before my 450mah battery ran out.

Last edited by Manukinuki (May 13, 2013 8:16 pm)

Maine

oh my.....

if i had money i'd throw it at you

(219) Indiana, USA

Finished testing the battery life and got it to run for 10 hrs and 23 minutes

Murcia, Spain
zaxxon wrote:

Finished testing the battery life and got it to run for 10 hrs and 23 minutes

That's quite a nice number : D Was it playing a song in LSDJ, or just in the menus?

(219) Indiana, USA

It was just in the menus so im guessing with it playing music it could go for maybe 8 or 9 hours.

Medina, Ohio

why must you no longer live in Ohio zax! You coming to visit this summer? And how is the gamecube portable?

(219) Indiana, USA

Haha hey dsv! I am coming back in the summer so I'll pm you the time that's going to happen. Also I haven't gotten back to the portable project yet but will probably start it up this summer big_smile

LA:CA

Oh lovely! I was thinking of this and someone already did it. How is the sound quality on the pro sound and headphone jack?

Last edited by SPORK94 (May 17, 2013 6:26 am)

(219) Indiana, USA

The prosound quality on all of the jacks is perfectly fine

United Kingdom

If only there was a tutorial wink

(219) Indiana, USA
SAMWAVE wrote:

If only there was a tutorial wink

I'm actually definitely considering making one in a week or so smile

hiding under your bed

Please do, I would absolutely love a tutorial on this.
It'll definitely come in handy for a mod I'm working on at the moment.

(219) Indiana, USA

added mods update! Also a tutorial will be made once I finish a commission I recently arranged for someone big_smile

Last edited by zaxxon (May 26, 2013 12:12 am)